david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope everyone had a very merry Christmas. Spent the day out hunting. Hit five sites. First site gave me a couple of wheats, including a nice 1920 S. Site number two gave me a 1936 Buff and a 1883 IHC. Third gave me one wheat. Fourth site was a church I got permission for back in the summer, lady even threw in the cemetery. I didn't go there, although technically I did detect a cemetery at site number three, a city park, as I noticed last time a historical marker that said this was a pioneer cemetery, and that while most of the remains were moved, that there were still some buried there. Anyway, best I did at the church site was a 1917 wheat, almost all of the site has 6 inches or more of pea gravel. Ended the day at the location that I found the large cent at a few weeks ago. Digging everything there, which isn't much, not even junk, I did find a small caliber fired round ball and a flat button. Button is plain, and marked on the back, looks like a wreath on the sides with three stars at the top and London at the bottom. Any ideas on age? Found a couple of remains of pocket knives and a monster pulltab! DSCF1334.JPG DSCF1335.JPG DSCF1336.JPG DSCF1337.JPG

Upvote 4

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool finds man....just think,that tab could have been a monster Gold Ring,oh well...maybe next time
you NEVER know!!

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
D

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha, funny thing about the church hunt was the two big dogs that showed up, and I mean these were some BIG dogs. Not sure what breeds they were, but if they hadn't been friendly I would have been in trouble. The one who was a bit great dane looking came up to get petted, and I complied, the other one had a bit of a St. Bernard look to him in the head, but the fur and body style were wrong. He was content to stand back and watch. That was great, because the first hole I tried to cut after petting the one, he thought that my getting down there was a invitation to get petted again, and walked right over my plug and leaned on me. Glad I wasn't off balance cause he would have put me on my back easily. Was afraid he'd step on my detector, he could have done some damage. Gave up on that plug, and started to move on, but they decided that across the road was a better place to lie down. I'm over 200 pounds, and I bet put together these two had me by a 100.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
buffs and IH are always a good thing, that would be a pretty darn good day

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds I like the silver strawberry charm.
My M6 would have told me the big pull tab was a big gold ring, then laughed when I dug it up.

The last furry friend I encountered was the size of a small horse and wanted to play fetch the tree limb. I was hoping he wouldn't decide my detector looked like a good fetch stick! Lol!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice group of xmas day finds!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm lovin' the old stuff. Those kinds of finds are what keeps us coming back and silvers just are the icing;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions