Ask for permission

Nomadnailer

Apr 6, 2011
Montrose, WV
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i with dx-1 sunray probe, Whites xlt, Tesoro lobo st,
I have been passing a piece of property for 30 years and always wondered, but everyone always said that I would never get permission because it's tied up in the family they never thought to go to the one running the show. Well I finally asked and found a 1943 silver nickle, 1900 barber dime, a gold signet ring and some old ivory soap tokens and I'm just starting that's about 2 hours work. I guess it pays to ask

Upvote 19

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya and the final word is "arrest"! Lol!

I believe Eureka has nailed it! Usually the property renter had control unless otherwise stated. There are many variables. If I detect public prop. I am a tax payer and thus I figure I have the right unless restricted.
There is a 1735 property on the street which probably makes it a no no. I would never detect unless first asking the owners permission.

Eureka!

Mar 11, 2014
Northeast Coast USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO 5x8 Coil - VULCAN 360 Pinpointer -Lesche Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
msbeepbeep - what is a 1735 Property?

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Across the street from a 1734 property :laughing7: I have hunted a lot of farmed fields that the farmer leased the field. As long as they give permission I never think twice about it

Eureka!

Mar 11, 2014
Northeast Coast USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO 5x8 Coil - VULCAN 360 Pinpointer -Lesche Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just figured it out ha ha- I guess I take things too literally or differently.

A 1735 property is a property where you are likely to find a 1735 King George Coin.

My Bad......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread