Ok, second try to strike gold

BruceS

Nov 25, 2014
Portland, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold and Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other day I found a ring and just knew it was gold. Well I was only half right because it turned out to be gold filed. Today I hit the ground running. Found lots and lots of clad and some obvious fake rings and necklaces. I was pretty tired and set on stopping for the day and then found the silver ring and then the gold necklace. Sure hope this time it's real.

I also have a ring that looks like white gold with rubys but there are no markings inside other than two dimples so I just don't know. What do you guys think? image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 10

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
14K Italy is pretty much the mark of doom. Those are some nice finds, and if you are digging stuff like that the gold will come.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
:notworthy: Love the jewelry!:notworthy: Hope some of it's actually precious metal too. The one with stones would be more likely to be real if there was a tiny hole behind each stone, I guess that gives genuine stones extra brilliance when wearing or something like that. But you can have some friendly jeweler check out all your finds! To me, your discovering so much jewelry of any kind so quickly means that the place you're hunting either hasn't ever been detected or it was detected by sloppy guys! Keep detecting that place! Even go over again the parts of it you've already detected. Your gonna find good gold & silver! Maybe an old silver dollar too, like I found in an ugly old field! Happy New Year ahead! :icon_thumright: Andi

OP
OP
B

BruceS

Nov 25, 2014
Portland, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. Yea, I think I will have to get it all checked out. In the mean time I will have to keep plugging away.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
my 14k italy was big time fake, did find a 10k italy that was real, invest in an acid test kit, they are cheap on ebay and work, still nice finds

OP
OP
B

BruceS

Nov 25, 2014
Portland, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received acid test kit today and found that necklace and ruby ring are plated. Silver ring tested ok and is silver. Stones are dark so I could not tell if .925 or .800. Reacted very close to same as what I know to be .925 but not positive. At least it is real.

nor kal kid

Feb 19, 2014
northern kalifornia, Bay area
Detector(s) used
XLT, Mxt all pro, garrett pp.coils 10"DD, 950, 12"spyder.for mxt all pro. Coils for xlt 950 and 15" magnum force field "depth plus"mxt max coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds if your chain doesn't register with the 14k try the 10k I found a bracelet that was marked 14k and was 10k. And I also found a bracelet and ring marked 14k italy and that is what they were. If you want the gold dig everything. Good luck.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats nice finds!
It's good you got a test kit, no 2 am wondering if it's real!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread