kennedy half dollar

C

Carl in CO

The black book says face value unless uncirculated. Nonetheless, a rare find! Congratulations. A half would make my day. I'd like to hear the details. How deep, how did it sound?

D

distelrath

CONGRATS!!!

I have only been detecting for about 10 months and was fortunate enough to find a 1950 half right next door. It sure is fun to dig those big coins, isn't it? ;D

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny
I got 3 eisenhower dollars in my change 2 days ago. I was there when the store clerk dug them out of the cash box. Does that count as dug treasure? lol

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny
Oh yes I almost forgot. I found a kennedy double die that no one seems to be able to tell me about. I'll have to dig up the pics I took and post them later. Jason

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
used to own a whites dfx. i dont currently own a machine. cant wait to save up for a new machine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe its only worth .50 but its still a cool find. i have yet to find anything larger than a quarter.

D

Darod

Great find.

It's worth about 50 cents :) Actually, it's priceless to you, right ;)

I found one the other day, a 1971 in great shape. First one I've found as well. Very cool find! Congrats.

Here is a pic of the one I found:

50cent1971sml.jpg

Rod

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
Lots of fun! I've found only one half and that was years ago. Reading these posts have got me stoked! I can only get a couple of hours of swinging the loop every week and it's driving me nuts.

nick1878

Feb 7, 2005
SE Indiana
I once detected a yard 20' x 20' for three hours digging all kinds of coins and relics. Thought I had it all. Went back the next day and right dead center found a kennedy half dollar. Clearly wa not newly dropped. Somehow I missed a big coin like that the first day. A site is never truly hunted out

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
I have found two half's in the past two months. I found a 1945 and 1943 walking liberty half I have never found a half before January but have found two since then. They are out there both came from yards of old houses. I am still hunting for my first silver dollar.

G

GRASSE

A couple years back, I was fortunate enough to find two Kennedy's within a week of each other but at different places. An '86 at a local soccer field, and the very next weekend, a '72 behind my old kindergarten school. :D What a great feeling to dig up a big coin like that.

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
cool find! my fiance found 1 last year and i found 2 walkers.love seein them big coins come out of the ground!

bigrig

OP
OP
G

greenswinger

Feb 17, 2005
ms
Coin was found at school. about 5 in with garrett gtax 750 . my first and only md . got it about 7 mos ago . my back was messed up in plane crash, so i only last about an hour mding . really enjoy it .laying around house was getting to me . wife suggested getting md and trying it glad i did !!! have never seen anyone else in my area using one, so looks like i have everything to my self . would like to find some civil war sites but haven,t yet .

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny
Here's the Double Die I was talking about. Its the best pic I could find but the doubling shows up on about 3/4ths or more of the lettering, on the arrows and feathers as well. Jason

Attachments

• Image028.jpg
    Image028.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 255

dgaughan

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2004
east northport ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 5 Garrett ace 350
nice find. i was at the bank the other day and got a eisenhower dollar from 76 the teller was so happy to get rid of it. i had'nt seen one in 20 years. i gave it to kenb's step son he got a big kick out of it.

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one on the beach about a year ago. Then yesterday I was about to go home when I got one more signal. Dug it and guess what it was? Another Kennedy (Bicentennial) Half. Funny thing was it was up on the bank about 50 yds from where I found the other one in the deep sand and surf. Doubt their related, but it's always fun to find anyway. So far, in about a month, I have taken about $26 in change off this beach (and alot of other things that are very interesting) 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread