CaneBandits Dig ANOTHER Spanish Silver for the 2014 Totals!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Been a bit of a slow year on Spanish due to digging newer sites, getting sucked into a spot that had lots of 1930s-60s, coins, work schedules, etc. But we managed to add one more to out 2014 total to bring us to 11 Reales for the year. This is the 57th spanish/mexican silver coin we've dug since the spring of 2012, which I consider to be quite a feat for 3 years time. There will be a BIG party when we hit 60! Shanegalang also got a killer find, a plantation token that is rated R-9 (2-3 known). It was listed as R-10 (unique) in the book, but now that he has dug one, there are at least 2 in existence. The sugar plantation was only in operation under that name for one year. Congrats on a killer find, buddy!

Anyhow, the finds photos below may not seem like much payoff for a 8 hour hunt with 3 people (24 man hours) BUT that's the way we roll when we're out scouting for the next great site. :)

Enjoy the video and finds photos below.

HPIM4939.JPG HPIM4940.JPG HPIM4941.JPG
shanes.jpg shanes token.jpg HPIM4942.JPG

Cheers,

Buck

Last edited:
Upvote 18
OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely a great way to finish the year Buck, and to continue your incredible silver hot streak. Hope you guys can quickly hit that 60 milestone in 2015. At your current pace you'll be there before the end of Jan. Happy New Year!

That would be a great milestone for us. I'm still just absolutely amazed at what has been dug down here, compared to other places I've traveled to or lived and dug. Really speaks to the wealth and affluence of this area. It has taken a vastly different philosophy than what I've used in the past in order to make these finds, and it has completely changed how I hunt.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Buck!! CONGRATS on your latest Finds!! I don't know how you are hunting in this mud!! With all the rain we've had my yard looks like a lake!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Buck!! CONGRATS on your latest Finds!! I don't know how you are hunting in this mud!! With all the rain we've had my yard looks like a lake!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

a boat, shrimp boots, bilge pumps, and prayer. :D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on the old silver AND the rare token! 8-) Always fun to see what you all are digging up.
Happy New Year!
Nana :hello:

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Add it to the total! You are killing it in LA. I knew you would. Great job, Buck.

Kirk

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would definitely qualify as a successful scouting trip!

Love that token and the silver is cool too. :)

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Add it to the total! You are killing it in LA. I knew you would. Great job, Buck.

Kirk

Thanks Kirk! Good to see you on the forum again. Not as much 1700s stuff dug this year, but I did get all but the bowl of a 1700s FRENCH SILVER SPOON today!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread