Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally was able to get out the past weekend, trying hard to get in the detecting while possible.
I was begging hard for gold and Heaven was in high hilarity on this day!
First the gold heart pendant, a real heart stopper :laughing7: with an odd message on the other side! :icon_scratch:
Then later what I thought for sure was a "gold bar"! :hello2: :icon_scratch: :tongue3: :laughing7: This is what happens when your imagination runs wild fueled by hope! Picture that each time the "rings" were dug up :laughing7:

A pretty good hunt non the less, a pocket spill of 6 quarters and 2 dimes added to the clad count of 39 quarters, 18 dimes, 4 nickels, and 57 pennies, two of which are wheats, 1940, 1919 and a Canadian commemorative 1867-1967.
A police car, pink racer, and jet plane were a nice surprise. image.jpg

image.jpg
I tried this morning getting in some detecting on this the last day of the year. As I stepped onto the sports field the realization that the ground was frozen :BangHead: wasn't enough to stop me! :dontknow: I chiseled, pried and almost broke my digger, retrieving a coin spill of a zinc, dime, and nickel. A couple more zincs one I cut in half retrieving, then time was up.....being stubborn,:icon_thumleft: the detector will be in the car with me all day, I refuse to give up with out a fight!

Upvote 20

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are a very strong digger, I wouldn't want to mess with you Beep beeps. You cut a Zincoln in half! I too have spent time cutting through "ice dirt" making "dirt pucks" trying to find gold. I too enjoy your post and threads and can tell your a very nice person. Thanks for your support and good luck to you this year of our Lord 2015!

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Bill, Happy New to you & yours!
Will do, and if I run across your gold bars in my searches I will send you the GPS location!
It would be hard to give up searching when we know what's out there, and if we don't look for it we won't find it. So search we must, high and low in all kinds of weather. The best of luck and happy hunting in the New Year!

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mittens! You have a point there, by the time we are done digging not much left of the nails.
Right about now a long walk on a warm sunny beach bear foot sounds good to me, toes are hard to do!

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, God Bless you too Treblehunter!
Ice pucks are kinda hard to refill the holes with they never quite fit back in right.
I always bring back more dirt with me in winter because it is frozen to the coins and thaws when I take it in the house.

Can you imagine finding something nice frozen in the hole, we'd both be chipping a large "plug" to cart home, then we'd have to find something to fill the hole with. Maybe a bag of dirt would be a good thing to have in the car, you never know!

Best of luck and may you find what you seek!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Mittens! You have a point there, by the time we are done digging not much left of the nails.
Right about now a long walk on a warm sunny beach bear foot sounds good to me, toes are hard to do!

I hope this warms you up! DR..spent 17 days there.

Attachments

• 160.JPG
    160.JPG
    580.6 KB · Views: 49

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's the best when the passion runs high, sometimes it's a little bit of a bummer not to dig that find that really satisfies one needs, then again if it happened every time it would get boring. Expect nothing and then everything is good-one of the hardest things for me to learn after digging all my life is every beep that sounds good brings that dreamers passion to the head and on a rare occassion it happens where the stars are aligned and a keeper is staring me in the eye from the dirt-keep digging-keep the passion running high-never stop dreaming of that one special find that comes to light from the dug soils. The best to you in the 2015 season, I'm sure you'll get more than a few truly awesome finds that make you smile and dream harder.

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhhhhh, I can feel the warmth now! Awesome spot! And don't you know, just looking at that beautiful beach makes me want to grab the detector and start searching!

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you pepperj!
Sometimes it's a let down but all we have to do is take a look at what everybody is finding to know what lays buried out there! There is some pretty awesome stuff! This is one of the few hobbies than is an even playing field for everyone, any one of us can find some really nice stuff! All we have to do is search!

Best of luck to all my fellow TH'ers. Post those pics!
We like seeing what you find, even if it's not the greatest of treasures, you never know who you will inspire....or what you will find next! GL. HH!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ahhhhhh, I can feel the warmth now! Awesome spot! And don't you know, just looking at that beautiful beach makes me want to grab the detector and start searching!

I did...of course all inclusive didn't help.:laughing7:

Attachments

• K640_824.JPG
    K640_824.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 67

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wowzers! Thats a pocket full. Anyone that is as determined as you are deserves a pocket full. :thumbsup:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm with Ahab,I love your enthusiasm Karen and think you would be a hoot to dig with. If I saw that gold bar I would be diggin' like the honey badger too! I wish you all the best in 2015.

Got_4by4

Feb 9, 2009
Treasure Valley Id
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, White's IDX/Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally was able to get out the past weekend, trying hard to get in the detecting while possible.
I was begging hard for gold and Heaven was in high hilarity on this day!
First the gold heart pendant, a real heart stopper :laughing7: with an odd message on the other side! :icon_scratch:...............

I am fairly certain that the quote comes from Alice in wonderland! Here is a link to chapter 8.
You will also note what appears to br a Q and heart under the quote.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: Chapter VIII:The Queen's Croquet-Ground

But can we please have a better close-up of the front?

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds my friend- I admire your determination!! Happy New Year and HH- I hope you have a "banner" year!

-- Jeff --

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Msbeepbeep; Way to Go. !! Happy New Year. !!! I admire your determination. PEACE:RONB :occasion18:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was deer hunting and found some old broke china and a tootsie toy piece. It fired me up for a hunt like yours! Happy New Year!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious. How long did it take you to dig all that up? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WT- never enough of what you want to do and too much of what you don't!

Thank you Rodarian.

CG- Those first few seconds were thrilling! Lol!

Got 4by4- It is indeed a quote from the Red ? Queen.
image.jpg . image.jpg
I hope the pics loaded, I'm ....uh hum E-challenged. :icon_scratch:

JeffinMass- Thanks! Same to you!

Thank you BARKER!

Tnmountains- it's a odd thing when you find those "clues" that the knees no longer hurt and you're telling the aching back to hush up you're digging this one! Lol!

WHADIFIND- 1 hr. Sat., 4 hr. Sun (in the rain), and 1/2 hr. Wed. in the frozen tundra. I'd say I'm hooked, ya think? :laughing7:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHADIFIND- 1 hr. Sat., 4 hr. Sun (in the rain), and 1/2 hr. Wed. in the frozen tundra. I'd say I'm hooked, ya think? :laughing7:

No more hooked than me. LOL It's been raining all night and I'm still thinking on going for a "walk". :)

That's a lotta digging! WTG!

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take your scuba gear!

I want to get out but can't leave no one to cover for me, sigh. We had a little s--w last night but rain has melted most of it, but we are going into the deep freeze after this. Break out the flame throwers nod back hoes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread