Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally was able to get out the past weekend, trying hard to get in the detecting while possible.
I was begging hard for gold and Heaven was in high hilarity on this day!
First the gold heart pendant, a real heart stopper :laughing7: with an odd message on the other side! :icon_scratch:
Then later what I thought for sure was a "gold bar"! :hello2: :icon_scratch: :tongue3: :laughing7: This is what happens when your imagination runs wild fueled by hope! Picture that each time the "rings" were dug up :laughing7:

A pretty good hunt non the less, a pocket spill of 6 quarters and 2 dimes added to the clad count of 39 quarters, 18 dimes, 4 nickels, and 57 pennies, two of which are wheats, 1940, 1919 and a Canadian commemorative 1867-1967.
A police car, pink racer, and jet plane were a nice surprise. image.jpg

image.jpg
I tried this morning getting in some detecting on this the last day of the year. As I stepped onto the sports field the realization that the ground was frozen :BangHead: wasn't enough to stop me! :dontknow: I chiseled, pried and almost broke my digger, retrieving a coin spill of a zinc, dime, and nickel. A couple more zincs one I cut in half retrieving, then time was up.....being stubborn,:icon_thumleft: the detector will be in the car with me all day, I refuse to give up with out a fight!

Upvote 20

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Msbeepbeep,

Very nice finds!

I went on a short hunting today in southeastern MA, only warm day in the foreseeable future. The frost line was about 2 inches down after that smooth digging, but with the cold coming this will be only a memory.

I should design and build a battery operated handheld jackhammer for retrieving targets from frozen ground.

Regards,

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Msbeepbeep,

Very nice finds!

I went on a short hunting today in southeastern MA, only warm day in the foreseeable future. The frost line was about 2 inches down after that smooth digging, but with the cold coming this will be only a memory.

I should design and build a battery operated handheld jackhammer for retrieving targets from frozen ground.

Regards,

How about a portable infrared light? Just let it warm the spot while you look for another. ;)

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great you still managed to find some things. You might have to break the pick out! Here's hoping that it will be a short Winter for everyone!

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do believe there would be a good market up here in the frozen north for those items guys!
If you design it, they will buy!
I guess it's time to shift into "winter" mode. Gonna have to make the detector a winter jacket with pockets to hold those chemical hand Warmers! Lol! I was getting double vision trying to read the screen display last outing in the freezing cold.
NEVER EVER give up there ARE ways around this! Go forth and FIND!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do believe there would be a good market up here in the frozen north for those items guys!
If you design it, they will buy!
I guess it's time to shift into "winter" mode. Gonna have to make the detector a winter jacket with pockets to hold those chemical hand Warmers! Lol! I was getting double vision trying to read the screen display last outing in the freezing cold.
NEVER EVER give up there ARE ways around this! Go forth and FIND!

Just so long as you never lose sight of one thing. YOU, are more important than ANYTHING you might find.
Be careful!

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The double vision to which I refer was on the screen of the M6, too cold for it and it couldn't keep up. I had to switch to Sound only.

I go out winter hunting so bundled it's hard to bend....that 's when a small long handle shovel and one of those grabber things come in handy!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The double vision to which I refer was on the screen of the M6, too cold for it and it couldn't keep up. I had to switch to Sound only.

I go out winter hunting so bundled it's hard to bend....that 's when a small long handle shovel and one of those grabber things come in handy!

Like I said, always a way. But, take care of you! Otherwise, you could become someone's next find! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread