WWII USAAF Wings cant find makers mark

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2 Radio Shack, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2 ES LTD, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WWII USAAF Wings can't find makers mark

I've noticed that I've been very lucky finding some good stuff at the honey hole, just when I think it's run dry it slaps me in the face with a reality check!

The kids where playing their video games so I decided I needed to go out and play mine,lol...

Have you ever gotten a strong clear signal when placing your MD to the side when digging a different signal only to return to it and find something good?! This happens to me a lot and I have to say I am glad I remember to go back and dig it. I found this beauty yesterday...

I cleaned it with electrolysis but can't find a makers mark and what I did find I can't tell what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Enjoy the pic!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1420307999.751267.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1420308013.800902.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1420308043.283725.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1420308060.767253.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1420308089.100078.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1420308124.300914.jpg
Almost forgot, it weighed 20g

Last edited:
Upvote 17

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your silver wings! Nice!

Your cheeks must be red by now from all those reality checks! Lots of goodies you've dug from there!

Ya I've had that happen you get a good signal lay the detector to the side and it just about blows your headphones off with another great signal! Then you momentarily pause thinking which signal do I dig first?

OP
OP
Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2 Radio Shack, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2 ES LTD, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your silver wings! Nice!

Your cheeks must be red by now from all those reality checks! Lots of goodies you've dug from there!

Ya I've had that happen you get a good signal lay the detector to the side and it just about blows your headphones off with another great signal! Then you momentarily pause thinking which signal do I dig first?

Thanks Msbeepbeep...!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do look like a Beverly Craft pattern wing. I believe yours was a pin back though, versus the clutch back version that you used as an example. They made both types of backs.

index.php

OP
OP
Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks diggummup! Can't see the makers mark but and I know they made them without and we're not Sterling somehow this one looks like it's probably rubbed off

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Color me Jealous....Lol...Congrats!!!

OP
OP
Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread