Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some finds from the past few weeks. Most fields are now planted so I have been detecting around the military post where I work, it was a WWII German military post and has been an American post since WWII. The first picture is a plow part I found for a farmer about two weeks ago, I did not accept a reward however, I did get permission to detect all his fields. Unfortunately there is not much in his fields.
20Apr07plow.jpg

Some of the lead finds. Two musket balls, middle ball is a clay marble and three lead seals.
20Apr07lead.jpg

An area in Neu Bruecke where a rail head was for loading military tanks and equipment onto a train. Everything to the right is now a college campus, not pictured, and there are only a few original buildings that once made a small post, the church is still there if you are familiar with the post. A grounds keeper told me I could not detect here so I showed him my permit and explained the rules, I do not have to ask permission but do have to leave when asked. After he read my permit, he told me where the buildings were and how the site was laid out and said I can detect. I did get the name and number of the Dean in charge of the campus. Nothing but junk here anyway.
20Apr07neubrucrailh.jpg

A cross, not silver. A misfired bullet, primer dented, powder burned but the bullet did not fire. Two military crests.
20Apr07crest.jpg

An unusual brass casing, maybe an early type blank.
20Apr07casing1.jpg

Another view of the unusual casing.
20Apr07casing2.jpg

My work colleagues and I think this might be a small Sabot round, an anti tank weapon and I hope it is not made of depleted uranium! It is about the size of a 50. caliber round. I found this about two years ago at a military obstacle course and tossed in my desk drawer.
20Apr07sabot.jpg

Several 50. caliber bullets, most are from a strafe I found in a field behind my apartment. I wanted to make a display with them but most of the bullets are incendiary types so I will toss them into an amnesty box on post.
20Apr07strafe.jpg

Obverse of a NSDAP Nazi pin and a religious pendant.
20Apr07swaspen.jpg

Reverse of the pin and pendant.
20Apr07swaspenR.jpg

28 Wheat cents. Earliest looks like a 1928, most are around 1944.
20Apr07Wheats.jpg

Obverse of a 1841 German silver Kreuzer and a 1919 or 1918 American silver Mercury dime that is very worn.
20Apr07silO.jpg

Reverse of the silver. Also found a big handful of very dirty clad coins. HH, Mike
20Apr07silR.jpg

Upvote 0

88irocarmy

Feb 25, 2007
Rhineland Gerrmany
Detector(s) used
Deus XP 3.2
Awesome finds as always.
The ribbed sides on the weird case are normally associated with inert rounds used for demonstration or clearing procedures. I need to send you my contact number this evening.
Does the back of the cross have any writing; i.e. "I'm a catholic please find a priest"
I found a cross here that looks like that one. That Sabot seems to be one from the 50cal SLAP round.
WTG

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent job, i love all the bullets....i only have one .50 cal :-\

HH
-GC

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet the history lessons are almost better than the finds.

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Your picture brings back memories! When I started metal detecting, I used a foxhole shovel (1944) until I broke it beyond repair. I wish I'd been more careful with it.

Slabman

Jan 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT, Quattro, X-Terra, Sovreign, Whites Goldmaster
Nice finds!! That strange bullet is one that we developed during the war.
It's for shooting around corners!!! :D :D :D :D

HH Slabman

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love seeing any kind of military find's Mike!...think all the wheat's were from G.I.'s?Thank's for sharing.HH!!

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Damn, I think I need to go to germany... ;)
Simply awsome! 8)

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all! The unusual casing is from a German Mauser rifle, I have to check the specs on the bottom to determine the year and it is a training round. The silver and Wheats are from American troops, I also found two silver Quarters, 1950 and 1957. HH, Mike

Elvis

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Lafayette, Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Nokta Simplex+
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, congrats. I always love to find the military items.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions