Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I have a sickness lol
14 degrees and 3" of snow on the ground. But guess what. The snow is insulating the ground and keeping it from freezing. Yay!!

Back to the half dollar house to work the field. Silver # 5 pops out as a Rosie. Then got a couple wheats

Then a solid 92 on my eurotek pro. Thinking silver quarter. Cut the plug and see big silver in the hole. Pretty sure it's plated but a really cool watch fob.
On my out of the field. Get an iffy signal and turns out to be usbwr world war 1 pin. I still need to clean up my finds a little bit better an will post more pics later

This explains a bit about the pin

"The United States Boys' Working Reserve is an enrolled army of patriotic volunteer youths between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one years, organized under the United States Department of Labor, to help the nation on the farm and in the factory to win the war. Every boy who is physically fit, who is of proper age, is eligible for this non-military civilian army."

Every high school superintendent and principal was appointed as High School Director in the Reserve. Boys enrolled in the program could be released from school if an emergency need for his services was required. In recognition of faithful and honorable service in the Reserve, " the United States Department of Labor has issued a war-service metal known as the "Federal Bronze Badge." The boy's ambition should be to earn this national badge of honor which is of bronze, and bears the Great Seal of the United States and the inscription "Boys' Working Reserve, U.S.A.," together with an individual number for each boy, which number is recorded in Washington opposite the boy's name."

Badges could be earned in one of three units:

Agricultural Unit: "If he works on a farm during the year...and renders satisfactory service, for at least thirty-six days, he will be awarded the bronze badge and will become an active member of the Reserve..." Half days and full days of emergency work count toward the thirty-six days.

Industrial Unit: "...he must have worked faithfully and earnestly in some industry which is considered to be "essential" or productive by the United States Government in helping the nation in the prosecution of the war for a period equivalent to sixty day of eight hours or more each, subsequent to enrollment."

Vocational Unit: "...it is necessary that a boy shall subject himself to training in spare time, or in school hours, under the direction of his teachers, to fill a position where he will work at something which is of real help to his country in the present crisis. When he has so fitted himself and when he has entered upon the actual work for which he has been trained, he is awarded the badge immediately." ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1420572064.799709.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1420572079.566171.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1420572091.066680.jpg

Upvote 9

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, your dedication has payed off! :thumbsup:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds. I really like the watch fob, that is one thing that I have yet to find. GL&HH!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhhhhhhh glad I'm not the only psycho out there. Nice job bud

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Extreme Detecting! Very nice finds!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pretty nice watch fob, congrats

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds thanks for sharing and congrats on the success.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds. The youth service medal is awesome. So, when there is snow like that do you shovel then dig or just swing through the snow?

OP
OP
Turbo21

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. The youth service medal is awesome. So, when there is snow like that do you shovel then dig or just swing through the snow?

I just swing through it. It's a real dry snow and it's not sticking to the coil

It actually made it super easy to grid the yard out becasue I could see where I already checked

I just came in from hunting the same place. 11 degrees outside and still getting more silver'!! I need to clean them up and I will start another post

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread