🥇 BANNER Once in a Lifetime Find!

vadigger89

Feb 8, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went out digging on January 1, 2015 and made my best find ever, a Virginia Tongue in perfect condition! What a way to start the new year! I don't know if I will ever top this one, my hands were shaking sitting there holding it. You just never know what is coming out of the ground next, I sure wasn't expecting to ever find a Virginia Tongue but it happened. A memory that will last a lifetime. Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

Attachments

• 20150105_195642[2].jpg
    20150105_195642[2].jpg
    510.5 KB · Views: 1,746
Upvote 85

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is "TODAY'S FINDS" :thumbsup: not today's posts :sadsmiley:

Please remember this when choosing a spot to post your News stories, Purchases, Questions, best finds from 10 years ago Etc.

it is understandable we do not have a Yesterdays finds or last hunts finds section
so it is OK to post your "finds" from the last time you were out.

but please if you are not posting very recent "Finds"

Look here http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/forum.php and choose the proper location.

IF you still think you need to post here for attention, Expect your post to Disappear
:laughing7:

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

Last edited:

streakert

Aug 1, 2013
central Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Minelab CTX 3030,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grabbing popcorn!!
First off Congrats on such an amazing find..
Second I have to apologize for posting in today's finds with titles such as " my past few hunts" and titles of the like..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not all know what timely is, we have had finds posted here that were found a month earlier.

I quoted JeffofPA's post above, we will go by his post...

Please put thread back on topic, thread will be cleaned...

Please put thread back on the amazing find topic...

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a find!,great shape and has that beautiful brown patina too.Banner for sure.Congratulations vadigger,who says it has to be a once in a lifetime find,you found that one didn't you.Very Nice!

Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My vote has been cast! This would be a find of a lifetime for any of us, but I suspect for a citizen of the commonwealth, it means so much more.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one heck of nice find!!! I'll vote a Banner as well. It will be nice to see it take a trip across the top. Good luck!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Absolutely fantastic find!

gtoast99

Jun 28, 2010
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That truly is a find of a lifetime - congratulations!! A former member of my metal detecting club dug a varient of this same tongue at DIV in 2012. I might be wrong but I heard rumor that he was offered 6 figures for his and his was damaged. Here is a link to his blog with the story of his find. Detecting Saxapahaw: My find of a lifetime: Digging Virginia at "Diggin' in Virginia" I'm not claiming that yours is worth that or even the same tongue but this is without a doubt a banner find. Putting in my vote now.

That was me, and I can put that rumor to bed right now, haha. It wasn't 6 figures, I don't sell my relics, but I probably would have taken that one!! I did get an offer on it, but it was only 3 zeros. This is a more common variant than mine (not that ANY are common!), VA militia two piece. But the condition is AMAZING. Based on looking around the net back when I dug mine, you'd be looking in the ballpark of a couple grand. But I'm not a professional dealer, so I defer to the experts.

CONGRATS on the find of a lifetime. I'm going with BANNER on this one.

Okay, back to my regular lurker status, lol.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think gtoast is about in the right ballpark with about 2 grand maybe more?.If you had the wreath you would be talking around 4 grand maybe more depending on buyer or location.But I am no expert either.Killer find too gtoast.very rare stuff.

Last edited:

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Tony, glad you chimed in to correct my grossly mistaken comments about the value of your find. I actully meant to say 5 figures and will correct that mistake in my original post although this might be off the mark too.

That was me, and I can put that rumor to bed right now, haha. It wasn't 6 figures, I don't sell my relics, but I probably would have taken that one!! I did get an offer on it, but it was only 3 zeros. This is a more common variant than mine (not that ANY are common!), VA militia two piece. But the condition is AMAZING. Based on looking around the net back when I dug mine, you'd be looking in the ballpark of a couple grand. But I'm not a professional dealer, so I defer to the experts.

CONGRATS on the find of a lifetime. I'm going with BANNER on this one.

Okay, back to my regular lurker status, lol.

gtoast99

Jun 28, 2010
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Tony, glad you chimed in to correct my grossly mistaken comments about the value of your find. I actully meant to say 5 figures and will correct that mistake in my original post although this might be off the mark too.

No worries! :D I hope you're doing well. I need to come out to a meeting again one of these days.

Back to VAdigger's find! :hello2: AWESOME, awesome find, congrats again! Really amazing shape, I hope you can find the wreath to go with it.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that was lost by an officer! And after 150 years in the dirt it's still just as nice as the day it was lost! :treasurechest::thumbsup:
VOTED!

Last edited:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it hasn't made it up top yet?Can we vote twice.:unhappysmiley:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Simply a fantastic, lifetime find- Congratulations!!!

-- Jeff --

DBANDGB

Jan 19, 2011
heath springs,sc
I went out digging on January 1, 2015 and made my best find ever, a Virginia Tongue in perfect condition! What a way to start the new year! I don't know if I will ever top this one, my hands were shaking sitting there holding it. You just never know what is coming out of the ground next, I sure wasn't expecting to ever find a Virginia Tongue but it happened. A memory that will last a lifetime. Thanks for looking and happy hunting.
What is a Virgina tongue?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions