πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION WWII Bombardiers Bracelet I dug in 2007 returned to veterans son

OP
OP
HEAVYMETALNUT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story. Glad to hear your research was worth the time.
it sure was! really touching talking to the son and hearing his voice talking about his dad and sending me the photo of his dad wearing it.i found it on the other side of the country.I'm on the east coast & they lived on the west coast.no idea how it got out here which is a mystery

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
19cbb beat me to it:
If this doesn't qualify for an HONORABLE MENTION, I don't know what would.
Congrats on a great find and return to the next of kin.
Don...

I second that! Much better than the ring returns I have. That's the tops when you get to return military. Great job HMT!

cz70pro

Mar 18, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job by all! It's what this hobby is all about.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
totally awesome, congrats on never giving up on the return

OP
OP
HEAVYMETALNUT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks for the honorable mentions everyone!

s.tan

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, Heavymetalnut! You never gave up although it took 7 years! That's what I call dedication!! All the very best in hunting in the future. Good karma will follow you wherever you go knowing that you've done the hobby proud.

1emeraldlady

Jul 26, 2013
Micco, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am definitely with Sluice on this one!!! As a veteran as well, this one is absolutely AMAZING!!! Thank you for your dedication in returning this to his family!! You are my hero today!!! :)

OP
OP
HEAVYMETALNUT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am definitely with Sluice on this one!!! As a veteran as well, this one is absolutely AMAZING!!! Thank you for your dedication in returning this to his family!! You are my hero today!!! :)
thank you for your service too! Happy New Year!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
I love these kind of posts Dave - great job!! It's a reminder that I need to get off my butt and try again to locate the owner of a huge 2006 US Army Transportation School (Fort Eustis) ring I found in the water a few years ago, but only did a brief and unsuccessful search for the owner. Any ideas on where to go for help with this? The ring has initials, what I think might be the last 4 of the SSN, and the MOS. You would think that would make it easy, but officials at Ft Eustis couldn't (or wouldn't??) help.

OP
OP
HEAVYMETALNUT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love these kind of posts Dave - great job!! It's a reminder that I need to get off my butt and try again to locate the owner of a huge 2006 US Army Transportation School (Fort Eustis) ring I found in the water a few years ago, but only did a brief and unsuccessful search for the owner. Any ideas on where to go for help with this? The ring has initials, what I think might be the last 4 of the SSN, and the MOS. You would think that would make it easy, but officials at Ft Eustis couldn't (or wouldn't??) help.
thanks Bill! contact Francesca at this link.she's very good https://www.facebook.com/angelosangels?ref=br_tf

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dave, I would expect this from you. Great gesture. Glad to see you posting. I was afraid Santa had kidnapped you, Dawg, & JB-LOL. I hope you have another great year. Everyone should view your 2014 annual finds on that forum. WTG, Q.

OP
OP
HEAVYMETALNUT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dave, I would expect this from you. Great gesture. Glad to see you posting. I was afraid Santa had kidnapped you, Dawg, & JB-LOL. I hope you have another great year. Everyone should view your 2014 annual finds on that forum. WTG, Q.
Thanks Quindy! same to you guys in warm Tenn!

OP
OP
HEAVYMETALNUT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
19cbb beat me to it:
If this doesn't qualify for an HONORABLE MENTION, I don't know what would.
Congrats on a great find and return to the next of kin.
Don...
thanks man!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread