πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION WWII Bombardiers Bracelet I dug in 2007 returned to veterans son

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Happy to say that this WWII bombardier ID bracelet finally went home to California to H.W.Jewett Jr. the 3rd. This mans son was located.I spoke with him Christmas eve and mailed it home to him.It was found in a drained swimming area I detected in 2007.felt so good to hear the joy in his sons voice,he said this made his Christmas.His dad passed away in 1987 and he has scrap books of his dad with pictures during the war campaign. With the help of Scott Clark & Angelo's Angels WWII Dog Tag Return Project on face book https://www.facebook.com/angelosangels
both of whom did some research and gave me leads to finally get in touch with the son I am very grateful for your help and so is Mr.Jewetts son.God Bless you both.Please like Angelo's Angels page and please if you find any dog tags or military ID items she will help you try to find family.
what's so cool is you can see the bracelet on his Dad's wrist in the photo.
Happy New Year everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_1905.JPG
    IMG_1905.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 383
  • just dug1.jpg
    just dug1.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 1,436
  • 100_0510.JPG
    100_0510.JPG
    382.1 KB · Views: 408
  • 100_0511.JPG
    100_0511.JPG
    381 KB · Views: 403
  • 100_0513.JPG
    100_0513.JPG
    468.3 KB · Views: 417
  • Hal Junior.jpg
    Hal Junior.jpg
    719.3 KB · Views: 483
  • Dad.jpg
    Dad.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,556
  • dad 3.jpg
    dad 3.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 462

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a great find and return. Bet his son was thrilled to get it. My hats off to the volunteers at Angelo's Angels.

Last edited:

streakert

Aug 1, 2013
central Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Minelab CTX 3030,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy to say that this WWII bombardier ID bracelet finally went home to California to H.W.Jewett Jr. the 3rd. This mans son was located.I spoke with him Christmas eve and mailed it home to him.It was found in a drained swimming area I detected in 2007.felt so good to hear the joy in his sons voice,he said this made his Christmas.His dad passed away in 1987 and he has scrap books of his dad with pictures during the war campaign. With the help of Scott Clark & Angelo's Angels WWII Dog Tag Return Project on face book https://www.facebook.com/angelosangels
both of whom did some research and gave me leads to finally get in touch with the son I am very grateful for your help and so is Mr.Jewetts son.God Bless you both.Please like Angelo's Angels page and please if you find any dog tags or military ID items she will help you try to find family.
what's so cool is you can see the bracelet on his Dad's wrist in the photo.
Happy New Year everyone!

Very cool, that must have been a lot of work tracking down the son...

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well done Heavy

OP
OP
HEAVYMETALNUT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks you guys! sure felt good to get it back.

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being a veteran myself, this is such an INSPIRATIONAL story. It's really cool to know that good folks like ourselves are still out there and willing to return items that were lost so many generations ago back to their original owners, or family members. PROPS to you sir! -Very nice find though by the way!

Sluice

OP
OP
HEAVYMETALNUT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Being a veteran myself, this is such an INSPIRATIONAL story. It's really cool to know that good folks like ourselves are still out there and willing to return items that were lost so many generations ago back to their original owners, or family members. PROPS to you sir! -Very nice find though by the way!

Sluice
thanks for your service! and the great comment!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great save! You made part of that family complete again. :award_star_gold_1:

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My hat is off to you heavy! It is returns like yours that makes md one the greatest hobbies in the free world!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always wanted to do this (& will always try with a similar item). I have failed with my best option a WWI item from Australia but it's something we should all try & do with items like this. The value to the family far out weighs the value to us, so congrats on a job well done. It also puts us ALL in a good light as well as bringing a warm glow to ourselves & others.

Last edited:

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your good deed! It's always great to return such a personal item. :icon_thumleft:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The absolute best part of this hobby in my opinion. #1 making and personal connection to an item(esp military).
#2. Returning an item to the owner or a loved one of the deceased. It's just the right thing to do and is so rewarding for both parties. Great job bud. It helps us all and improves the image of this hobby

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very well done on the return a real win/win for all.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome story and great pics. congrats on a successful return. Those who fought in WW2 have always been my heros. I think this was a wonderful way to honor and respect that man.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Job Metal - Love to hear these stories..........

OU812

Nov 19, 2014
Awesome!!!
That's cool to see his dad wearing it ,
in the picture too.

Good karma will give back for sure.

OP
OP
HEAVYMETALNUT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've always wanted to do this (& will always try with a similar item). I have failed with my best option a WWI item from Australia but it's something we should all try & do with items like this. The value to the family far out weighs the value to us, so congrats on a job well done. It also puts us ALL in a good light as well as bringing a warm glow to ourselves & others.
thanks Cru! i think if you contact Francesca at ---->>>>>>> https://www.facebook.com/angelosangels she can help you fulfill your mission

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread