CarolinaCurt

Jan 2, 2015
Pittsboro,NC
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC l l b, Nautilus l l , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First dig of 2015
This was my first chance to go out and dig some holes with buddy since last year and we both have been very busy with family and friends for the holidays. My best friend (Steve) and I decided to go out to a house site he had found about 10 years ago, and as luck would have it, the owner had thin cut the forest creating a new growth of underbrush and vines. Not being deterred by the underbrush and vines, we tripped onward through the vines looking for the house site. After about three hours of fighting the vines, we decided to head to another site. While waving our wands on the way back to the truck, my buddy found an IH penny and a button, so we decided to look the area and in two hours time we found 6 buttons: all flat, 1IH 188-, thimble, saddle tack, a ramrod guide and three small caliber round balls. Not bad for tripping over a bunch of vines and brush.
HH and Thanks
Carolina Curt
P.S. Will post pic’s next time as soon as I learn How to do it.

Upvote 6

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a successful hunt. Can't wait to see the pics.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great_find.gif
Nice finds! Looking forward to seeing your pictures. Thanks for sharing...

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice description of finds.

1. Save your pictures to your computer. You will have to open your original thread and hit edit at the bottom. Place the cursor where you want the pictures to appear.
2. Hit the insert picture icon (looks like a picture).
3. There are two tabs, one is "From Computer" and the other is "From URL", hit the "From Computer" tab and at the bottom hit "Select Files".
4. Scroll to the file (I keep mine in a desktop folder) and click on the picture and at the bottom hit "open".
5. Then you will come back to the "Insert Image" box and hit "Upload Files" at the bottom.
6. Preview and then post.

For my pictures that I take from the field on my phone, I email them and save them to my desktop folder first.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread