🥇 BANNER LIGHTNING STRUCK TWICE!--ANOTHER FIND OF A LIFETIME!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

I am still in disbelief at this day. When I found a Planter's Bank Counterstamped Quarter-Cut 8 Reales back in 2013 with a five digit price tag, I thought I'd never, EVER again see something that rare or valuable under my coil again.

Well, today I found a SECOND one of these incredible coins! Only 75-100 examples known, and I now have TWO in my collection. Here is what Q. David Bowers says about these coins in the book "100 Greatest American Medals and Tokens." The history of these pieces is quite fascinating, and closely related to the historical reason that the US dollar denomination was divided into four quarters (to enlarge the photo, click, then click a second time):

PBbook.JPG

We were out for about 10 hours today in the mud and muck, and we dug a grand total of less than 10 keepers. This coin was found in an area we were scouting that had some sparse signs, but turned out to have no real concentration of finds. The coin must have been a random drop long, long ago.

It's official. I have now dug more of these coins than Barber Quarters. :laughing7:

This is Spanish/Real #58 since spring of 2012 for us digging in Louisiana. I know I said we'd have a party when we hit #60--but for me, the party is starting right now! :headbang:

post.JPG post1.JPG

HPIM5028.JPG HPIM5029.JPG post2.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 88
OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do follow your posts Buck, I've been a fan of your finds ever since I joined Tnet in 2010! :thumbsup:

I'm sure, like yourself, we all post our finds elsewhere as well, but Treasure Net will always be a favourite site of mine... seeing as she was my first! :laughing7:

Best of luck to you this year,
Dave

Haha, yeah I have a preference for Tnet too. Was my first back in 2006 when I joined. Later on I posted on the ARH forum, because of how focused that forum was on old relics and coins, CW, Rev War, Colonial. All stuff I loved to find. (You didn't log on to the ARH forum and see clad posted, or coin roll hunters lol). Now the ARH forum is long gone, but Tnet remains. :)

Cheers,

Buck

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I sure was glad you brought that to dig that day lol Congrats, you have learned the New Orleans voo doo spells quite well.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure was glad you brought that to dig that day lol Congrats, you have learned the New Orleans voo doo spells quite well.

you got a mighty long signature line there, buddy.

Yessir, NOLA voodoo is what I use. 8-)

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See, since I haven't looked at this thread in 2 weeks this is what I missed. That's what I deserve I suppose. This is a truly once in a lifetime find and you have 2 ! Unbelievable! Only in Louisiana can this happen, lol. Congratulations and wishing you continued success.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread