Backbeatkeeper

Jan 16, 2015
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first started metal detecting a couple of years ago, I went through my front yard with an Ace 250 and found lots of clad. Six months later I got an Xterra 705 and went through it again, found some more coins, but not as much as I did with the Ace 250. Today I went with a buddy who has an AT Pro, as do I. I told him I was getting frustrated with it and he showed me a couple of pointers and found 2 more pennies in my yard deeper than my Xterra would find. He left and I continued scouring my yard, much to my surprise I found a small gold ring and a Sterling silver charm within 10 feet of each other! I'm beginning to like my AT Pro a lot more now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    575.5 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 5

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, maybe it's time to put my Ace-250 out to pasture. lol :D

OP
OP
Backbeatkeeper

Backbeatkeeper

Jan 16, 2015
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, maybe it's time to put my Ace-250 out to pasture. lol :D

I sold my Ace 250 to the same friend who helped me today. He still has it but came into some money and bought the AT Pro. I love my Xterra705 and I very comfortable with it, but the AT Pro is catching up quick. Side note, the silver piece is Cinderella's castle. One just sold for $18.00 on eBay.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Backbeatkeeper,

Congratulations on the finds!

The AT Pro is a very capable machine, operate in pro-mode and learn the tones, then you will reap the true value of the machine.

Regards,

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your finds! I myself can't wait to upgrade one day to an AT PRO.

Sluice

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds! But, c'mon! Tell us what the tips were. I'm always looking to improve. LOL

OP
OP
Backbeatkeeper

Backbeatkeeper

Jan 16, 2015
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds! But, c'mon! Tell us what the tips were. I'm always looking to improve. LOL
Basically he said to operate in coin mode on Standard setting, if I get an iffy signal, switch to pro mode zero and hunt out the high signal. This is how I found the silver charm. I'm still learning the gold, but the ring came up between 48-51 on the AT Pro..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread