A valuable secret, treasure or not?

Mortisdei

Jan 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My father brought home two swords this year ... according to his story - he brought it from a very rich man's mansion who stated that the swords were very valuable and had history so the question i am asking is : is this true or these swords are simply replicas, fakes and have no value ..?

Thank you in advance for anyone who replies ... also if someone is interested feel free to contact me! ( 2 swords) FullSizeRender12.jpg IMG_1713.JPG IMG_1714.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg

Upvote 0

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No authority here but they look like tourism/replica swords to me. Would need closer photos.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first one is a decorative sword, made to be hung on a wall, could very well be a Toledo. The second one I'd like to see a good pic of the grip and any markings on the blade if you can?

surface finder

Greenie
Mar 13, 2014
Denver, CO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not an expert but an enthusiast and agree with your diagnosis good sir. The second one is promising but the value is in the details.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st one is neither special nor particularly old, but I agree with ken that the 2nd sword is worth further scrutiny.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread