Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After getting complacent in digging dozens of memorials among thousands of targets, this lady was a surprise in the hole. Tough digging in a dry, weedy, trashy-a$$ empty lot...oops, nice scar across your face, my bad. I feel deflated...get it? deflated:laughing7:
001.JPG

thanks for looking!:hello:

Upvote 23

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Carving up a coin sucks, but after doing it a few times to semi key dates I sometimes wonder what the heck is going on, it doesn't happen to the crap.

Last edited:

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! It beats a muddy pull tab stuck on the end of your pinpointer any ole day!

That's too funny!
That reminds me of the other day, wet as all get out, I took my friend down, and I let him play with my detector. And, the pin pointer... well, we dug, and couldn't find what we beeped on... the pin pointer kept going off... and we were just like "what the hell"
LOL it turned out to be a small bullet weight sticking in the mud on the pin pointer... we laughed our butts off...
We finally found it! :laughing7:

Anyways... VERY NICE FIND!!! :thumbsup:
Still waiting on MY first one! LOL

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
we've all done it .. dont beat yourself up!!! Great Find!!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice barber and a great save. as much as I hate it when I hit a coin with my digger, I try to look at it like "at least I found it, and even though I hate myself for damaging it, at least it's not lost any more"

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
My local coin dealer is interested in what I find metal detecting and once I showed him a large cent. He said that he could do a special no-damage cleaning method on it. It was still covered in dirt you first he cleaned it with a wet q-tip, then some coin conditioner. He gave it back and it looked very nice. I was guilty about the scratch I gave to it when I dug it, I sucked at pin-pointing it and hit it head on. I hoped he would not notice the scratch on it. Then he says, "Also, Remember not to hit your coins with the shovel." I guess I got busted.

Good thing it was not an expensive coin.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After getting complacent in digging dozens of memorials among thousands of targets, this lady was a surprise in the hole. Tough digging in a dry, weedy, trashy-a$$ empty lot...oops, nice scar across your face, my bad. I feel deflated...get it? deflated:laughing7:
View attachment 1109324

thanks for looking!:hello:

I don't get the deflated part. But if it's any consolation I don't think you caused the mark on the face. Look closely at it and I think you'll agree. Wonderful finding a barber! Great job.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a conspiracy"scar gate" . Congratulations on the coin. You were kinder than me I have done much worse.

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I dig pretty large diameter holes to keep from doing that.. and STILL manage to scratch one every blue moon.. still a very nice find. Congrats !

Better out of the ground with a tiny scratch.. than still underground in a little better condition.

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't get the deflated part. But if it's any consolation I don't think you caused the mark on the face. Look closely at it and I think you'll agree. Wonderful finding a barber! Great job.

"Deflated" remark was a self-deprecating Patriot fan, ashamed of all this Deflate-gate crap, and oh yea, I was there, I scratched it. Not gonna post another pic w/ better lighting or anything like that, trust me, I F'd it up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread