Silver streak continues....10 hunts straight!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hunted all over and my game plan fell apart. I thought I had found the edge of a filled pond but all I hit were two wheats. Hunted two hours and got a 12-44 on my CTX. Pinpointed and it jumped up to 12-45. Dug out a frozen clump and there it was 5" down.

1927 Merc.

2015 is off to a great start with 10 silvers and also 10 straight trips in a row scoring silver totaling 13 overall.

Attachments

• image-2792898016.jpg
    image-2792898016.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 187
Upvote 18
OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I just found my tenth silver for the year today. All but 2 had been at places that I've hunt before. The one today was in a 2 foot wide easement that I had hunted before and I'm surprised I had missed it. The key is that I am now running my CTX wide open and listening to the faint sounds and barely moving the coil to pick past the nails and junk. I have been digging a lot more nails, but also a lot more coins because of this. I dug a silver quarter last week and I had been over the spot 2-3 times before and I couldn't hardly tel it was there and it was only about 4 inches deep. The CTX is a great machine, but it has limitations in areas where there are nails. I've found silver in about 6 of my last 9 hunts.

It's great to hear how everyone uses the CTX. I open her up on occasion but only when it sporadically beeps over a target. Someone told me to dig any steady tone even if it's reading highly ferrous because it may be a coin despite. Is that your experience too? Is there a limit to the FE reading while coin shooting for you? I've had silvers read as high as 15 but no higher.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm in a draught no silver last 3 times out, hopefully today will end it

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm in a draught no silver last 3 times out, hopefully today will end it
I had a bad drought last fall. Right now I would be happy just to dig a hole, however. It'll get better and that next silver will be all the sweeter!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread