Silver streak continues....10 hunts straight!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hunted all over and my game plan fell apart. I thought I had found the edge of a filled pond but all I hit were two wheats. Hunted two hours and got a 12-44 on my CTX. Pinpointed and it jumped up to 12-45. Dug out a frozen clump and there it was 5" down.

1927 Merc.

2015 is off to a great start with 10 silvers and also 10 straight trips in a row scoring silver totaling 13 overall.

Attachments

• image-2792898016.jpg
    image-2792898016.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 187
Upvote 18

WNCsweeper

Aug 4, 2013
Asheville, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core Pro pack × 2
Nokta Pointer
Rattler head phones
Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it the CTX or the places you haunt or you

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
You are freaking amazing.... or good! Congrats.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Is it the CTX or the places you haunt or you

Oooo....
Um, it's the CTX I think. I have hunted every inch of these parks with my T2 already. But then again maybe it was me not using my T2 right? What I know is I know a bunch of guys that have hammered these parks with their VLF's and missed them also. The soil here is just so ferrous and full of red clay.

Abe the ninja is going to hop in now and karate chop my post after this comment.

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on that beautiful Merc! Still in search of finding my first one. It's not I hope to find one this summer, but I am GOING to find one!

Sluice

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on that beautiful Merc! Still in search of finding my first one. It's not I hope to find one this summer, but I am GOING to find one! Sluice
you will find many. Soon after that you won't know what to do with them all. It's a process.

Thank you for serving our country and Happy Hunting!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on #10, are you running a program or wide open?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oooo....
Um, it's the CTX I think. I have hunted every inch of these parks with my T2 already. But then again maybe it was me not using my T2 right? What I know is I know a bunch of guys that have hammered these parks with their VLF's and missed them also. The soil here is just so ferrous and full of red clay.

Abe the ninja is going to hop in now and karate chop my post after this comment.

First of all, let me congratulate you on your current successful run! It is awesome by any standards!

But let me make a guess about the why. You said that this dime was down at about 5 inches, almost ANY modern
detector can punch that deep. Even with adverse conditions.

I believe it is mostly your skills allowing for these finds. Your detector might have helped in this particular soil condition but
it's still up to you to hear what it's trying to tell you. There are an awful lot of reasons that make it appear that an "obvious"
target has been missed by all those other times the place had been hunted. We then start to try to figure out how that could
be possible. The usual things that are considered are soil mineralization, type of detector, skill of the user, trash in the ground.

Here's a few that are not usually considered:

That there had been a piece of foil laying on top, masking the target until a wind came up and blew it off.
That the coin had been on edge to the surface and freezing/thawing caused it to lay flatter.
That there was a lessening of some sort of electrical interference, allowing the find to be detected.
That the nail that had been just over top the coin had finally rusted through.
That a dog had just done his duty right over top the coin and the target was still "moist". ;)

And that is just a few off the top of my head. I am certain that others could contribute even more. LOL

This isn't directed specifically at you Scrappy, but rather something for others' to think about next time out.

WTG!

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You're right, there are so many scenarios. All I know is I don't mind being the end result of the chain of events leading up to the extraction:)

Happy hunting!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ride the wave as long as you can

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the "10 - game" winning streak!

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scrappy, I congratulate you on your 10th in a row.

Its not the detector. It's you. More to the point, its your tenacity. An ounce of determination will beat the snot out of five pounds of knowledge any day.

I went to college with a kid I knew from my town. He was dense as a pine knot, but that little bugger was high school valedictorian. He almost literally had to beat the facts into his own head. He had to work three times harder than me in the same classes. That guy was the model for stick-to-it-tivness. Me? I made Magna Cum Laude and I only studied the stuff I didn't already know. I skimmed until I found something that I didn't know already and only studied that. Deans List every semester. The other guy got it also, but he never had a breather in his classwork.

Good job, Scrappy. Keep up the pace, and you'll banner for sure soon.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the silver streak.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Scrappy, I congratulate you on your 10th in a row. Its not the detector. It's you. More to the point, its your tenacity. An ounce of determination will beat the snot out of five pounds of knowledge any day. I went to college with a kid I knew from my town. He was dense as a pine knot, but that little bugger was high school valedictorian. He almost literally had to beat the facts into his own head. He had to work three times harder than me in the same classes. That guy was the model for stick-to-it-tivness. Me? I made Magna Cum Laude and I only studied the stuff I didn't already know. I skimmed until I found something that I didn't know already and only studied that. Deans List every semester. The other guy got it also, but he never had a breather in his classwork. Good job, Scrappy. Keep up the pace, and you'll banner for sure soon.

That's a very thoughtful post. Thanks man.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok this is getting ridiculous bro! First off I hope your T2 did not hear you just now....cause it will be super pissed. But here's the ninjas thoughts on things. I think machines can certainly thrive depending upon the conditions. Vino hunts places that have a million targets. So he uses a Deus because it's like a machine gun in the trash. The T2 SE is perfect for the middle of nowhere sites that I hunt. I am far away from electricity and I'm in areas that normally aren't too trashy. I'm also looking for targets that can be 350 years old. They tend to be very deep. The T2 run wide open deeeeeeeep as hell. Nobody can dispute that. The CTX is said to be incredible at sniffing out silver coins and also gives much more stable vdi's than the T2 SE, especially at depth. All I know is that you're killing it and I hope it continues. I also know that I've found some super old and super deep stuff that I believe very very few machines would have hit.
So basically all is right in the universe and this is gonna be an INCREDIBLE season. But now I got some catching up to do :-)

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting