Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I sit here today with a freshly blown out ACL so I figured id make a post. I've gotten into a fresh colonial site and had a few quick hunts on it for a total of 4 hours.
I've recovered around 70 buttons in this short time at this site. No military. :(
Thimbles, broken shoe buckle frames, locks, odds & ends TONS of pewter fragments of flatware and vessels. I need help on ID of a few items.

image-3641049059.jpg

image-849012270.jpg

image-3503655409.jpg

image-2746047627.jpg

image-3657923261.jpg

First off I've dug 3 different pieces of silver
One was ID as a thumb mech. To a stein. Which I accept. However the other 2 remain a mystery, one was obviously part of something as it's decorative but it's been trimmed and punched with 3 holes. The other found nearby is a blank piece that has 4 holes punched in it. My guess is trade silver or apothecary weights?

image-2294697735.jpg

image-677040956.jpg

Next is a small clip item that came from a CW site, it has a band that appeared to travel the length to provide tension. It has a scallop design and heavy silver playing. It has 2 parts to I and is the same on each side and is attatched on the small end.

image-928334557.jpg

Also this piece of hardware. It is threaded inside made of brass from the colonial site.

image-241315675.jpg

Also stumbled onto a mess of bullets. And a sweet variety of bullets, bartholow, colts, round shot, Williams regulation& type II cleaners, sharps of many variants, Spencers, Washington arsenals, and standard 3 ringers
One short hunt I dug the pictures handful the next hunt I dug about 30 drops but didn't take a hunt photo as I hurt myself then.

image-1883913491.jpg

image-2099790678.jpg

Not pictured is a double handful of melted lead/bullets. Pewter flatware & fragments, iron ladles, cannonball frags, misc brass hardware.

Thanks fellas

Upvote 7

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap!! Awesome site and great finds! Can't help out with the ID, sorry. Man that's a lot of holes!!! Good job! Nurse that ACL back into shape...that site needs round two :)

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome site! That's a ton of great finds! HH! There should be some coins waiting for ya in there! HH!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you're on some great very early areas there. The pewter is a great sign. Lots of early buckle pieces. Love it

OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Ahab
Shame it's all busted up
But it's been farmed for 2 centuries

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah you're gonna find something great there....trust me

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great assortment of finds, liking especially the silver clam shaped item, but have no idea what it could of been. The sq. four holed piece is interesting also, trade silver is a possibility.

N.O. noir et d'or

Dec 9, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
White's Dfx 300, Fisher CZ20, Garrett ATX, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's an impressive amount of recoveries! Sorry to hear of your ACL. I hope it doesn't keep you out of commission too long.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds thanks for sharing. Hope the ACL gets fixed and you can get back to digging. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Coilcrazy2

Nov 9, 2010
Reading, pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, gray ghost headphones,
Fisher 1265x,
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Tesoro cibola,
Tesoro Outlaw
Handful of muddy relics...Thats the way to do it!!

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ooouch, blown ACL that Sucks but that sight you're diggin' doesn't. If you're getting your knee fixed you should be able to get back out to that spot for rehab soon . But, you might have to have someone dig and bend over for you. Hope your knee recovery doesn't take too long. I'm drooling just looking at all those fresh finds. It's gotta be killin' Ya, the knee too. Recover soon!

OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ooouch, blown ACL that Sucks but that sight you're diggin' doesn't. If you're getting your knee fixed you should be able to get back out to that spot for rehab soon . But, you might have to have someone dig and bend over for you. Hope your knee recovery doesn't take too long. I'm drooling just looking at all those fresh finds. It's gotta be killin' Ya, the knee too. Recover soon!

Yes to all the above
Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread