Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found another old school on the maps that has been gone for over 40 years and is now just a field. I had some time yesterday to make the drive down to see about getting permission and doing a little digging. The owner told me a little history of the place and said go have fun but would love to see what I find. I got to the site, fired up the Etrac and the first signal was a Wheatie. I thought this is a good sign and within 5 minutes of being there I had my first Rosie. The next four hours was the same way. I would dig a bunch of Wheaties and then get a great high tone and out pops another silver. The wind picked up and the rain was on it's way. I went over the area pretty well and finished out with 8 silver and over 25 wheaties.. Nothing real old but the SLQ was a great surprise! I cleaned everything up a bit and drove back up to show the owners what I had found. They were shocked at what I came back with and said it had been searched before. I also got permission to hunt the yard around their house. I didn't have much time left so I just focused on the front yard. There wasn't very many signals just a few wheaties. I then got a great signal at the base of an old maple tree but it was shallow. I didn't think it would be silver but was excited to see another Washington. 9 silver in one day is a new record for me. HH David

Attachments

• Jan 25 2015 (2).jpg
    Jan 25 2015 (2).jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 134
  • Jan 25 2015 (1).jpg
    Jan 25 2015 (1).jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Jan 25 2015 (3).jpg
    Jan 25 2015 (3).jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 136
  • Jan 25 2015 (4).jpg
    Jan 25 2015 (4).jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Upvote 28

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice research! That's a day you will remember for ever.

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your research did you good, and your skill earned you their yard as well. Way to go! Awesome pics too!

Mi$terG

Jan 25, 2013
Eastern MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Great job, SD! Your research and persistence paid off with a fantastic hunt. Thanks for sharing the story and pics!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
serious silver goodness , what's not to love ........ Huge Congrats

DaWG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread