misterchivo

Jan 17, 2015
Roma, Tx
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre and Garrett ACE 250/Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newbie's 1st Hunt....Almost Fainted

Got here last night after spending the weekend in Houston meeting my new born grandaughter. My Tesoro Compadre was waiting for me at the post office along with my Garrett Pro Pinpointer and Finds Sack (My Ace 250 should get here tomorrow). Read the manual and did a couple of runs here at the house found a bunch of nails and 2 pennies. Headed out to the municipal park and concentrated on the slides and swings for 2 he's. Found a bunch of trash, a 22 caliber casing and a bullet, some nice charms almost fainted when I saw one shining yellow but turns out is just coated. A Hello Kitty eating that looks like silver but couldn't find .925 on it, has some readings on the back. Says 7871 SANRIO, Google's it and it's a website selling Hello Kitty stuff but No silver or gold all coated.

http://m.sanrio.com/jewelry-fine-jewelry/_/resultsPerPage/15/page/2/showAll/0/

My best finds were the Hello Kitty Earing and a nice Skull Pin out of steel.

$0.41 of change two copper pennies 1974 and 1978. A nickel stained Red and can't see either side but I know it's a nickel.

Great park attached to the municipal swimming pool and a rental place for parties. A lot of people so I guess a good place to start and learn all the ropes with my Compadre. I'll be going back tomorrow if I can get out of bed :) legs and back are aching.

ForumRunner_20150126_201139.png

ForumRunner_20150126_201153.png

ForumRunner_20150126_201204.png

ForumRunner_20150126_201216.png

Upvote 13

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best way to get rid of the ache in your back and legs is to keep doing the same thing then it won't hurt so bad next time, you are just using muscles that you don't normally, it will get easier.That was a good outing it's not always Gold and Jewels so don't get discouraged.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the worlds most addicting hobby! Happy hunting!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
perseverance eventually pays off, most of the time

OP
OP
misterchivo

misterchivo

Jan 17, 2015
Roma, Tx
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. I already took my Ibuprofene... Lol... .I'm amazed how this machine works aluminum small peices and that 22 caliber bullet were a good 7"-8" and the pinpointer was a work of art finding them thru all that dirt. Any tips to get rid of all that trash digging? I read that descriminate all the way to the F of Foil buy you can end up missing small gold items like children's earings or rings when hunting the playgrounds in Parks. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just keep digging the trash but get yourself some five gallon buckets to put all the scrap metals in (brass,copper and aluminum)it adds up quick. The scrap yard even takes bullet shells just the brass ones though.But separate from regular brass.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your hunt and those pictures with this snowbound northern boy

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig it all brother. You don't ever want to leave something behind. Every hole is just a step in the process of getting you to that next incredible find. As for the back.... Try to make sure you're not reaching too far out in front of you with the machine. The coil shouldn't be too far out in front of your toes. I know if I'm reaching my back is killing me. Just kinda let your elbow rest against your hip and swing right in front of your toes. You'll do great if you keep digging everything

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
really really really need to have my winters in a warmer climate......... why do i live in a place where my face freezes?

OP
OP
misterchivo

misterchivo

Jan 17, 2015
Roma, Tx
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just received my ACE 250 :) gonna take it on a test run at the park to see how it works.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on finding some nice stuff on your first hunt. There is a lot more to come, just wait until you find a silver coin, then it will really start to take over your free time. I guess that there are worse hobbies, but I can't think of them right now!

GL&HH!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello,

Excellent hunt! The sore muscles disappear as you extract more goodies. Good Luck in 2015.

Regards,

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome! Like they said, ya gotta dig the trash to find the treasure . . . or so they tell me!

foreverRich

Mar 31, 2009
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000
,GTA1000, Discovery3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The metal detectors aren't the only things that need "breaking in". Your body does too. As others have said, it gets easier the more you hunt. Stick with the lower discrimination for a while, the gold will make the trouble worth while. Good luck!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread