Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find's RW....Axe head's are pretty old!!..Check with lumbercamp,he'll point you in the right direction....Maybe you can age the place then...Still some awesome relic's...Any info on the pistol?

OP
OP
RW

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It is an Iver Johnson model 6469 hammerless revolver manufactured between 1901 and 1904. It is a .32 caliber but we also dug up about forty .38 cal rounds pretty near by on a lake shore. Axe heads were found at an old school maintenance building. Also found 2 mercuries and a silver half dollar too. Was best weekend so far!

Attachments

• low rez gun.jpg
    low rez gun.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 412

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
I like the woodsmans axe and the roofing axe. Relics are great to find. I would be pleased with your finds ;D

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
Great axe and hatchet heads. It goes to show that not all good rusty metal is only found out in the woods. Keep posting your finds.

T

TreasureTales

Very nice relics. Besides the revolver and the axe heads, I like the iced tea spoon. Are there any maker's marks on it? You say you found silver coins, too? So what is it about this place that is disappointing to you? I'd be thrilled!

OP
OP
RW

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
TreasureTales said:
Very nice relics. Besides the revolver and the axe heads, I like the iced tea spoon. Are there any maker's marks on it? You say you found silver coins, too? So what is it about this place that is disappointing to you? I'd be thrilled!
Well the more I look at the stuff the more I like it! The teaspoon says Community Plate on it. The half is a 51 and the mercs are 39 and 41. From two different areas but same time on most of the stuff.
Going to try to get permission to search an old yard this weekend. I know the renter but the house is early 1900's and is owned by an old family in my town that has a park named after one of them and I bet it is virgin territory! I will keep you posted.

Attachments

• IMG_1294.jpg
    IMG_1294.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 240

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread