First Hunt with my ACE 250

misterchivo

Jan 17, 2015
Roma, Tx
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre and Garrett ACE 250/Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received my Ace 250 today and took it to the park to check it out. Being a newbie I was a bit hesitant hearing a lot of people complaining about the pinpointing ability, tried it and it was a charm, No problem locating target and doubled check with my Garrett Pro pinpointer. Like always a whole bunch of trash, $0.28 change with two copper pennies 1963 and 1968. A WIN 270 W-W SUPER BULLET, and two charms. Best find of the day I'd say a pendant with Saint Benedict followed by the WIN 270 BULLET.

ForumRunner_20150127_191634.png

Upvote 14

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice start. Learn every sound and master the machine!

Thanks for sharing

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bullet! I got my ace 250 last year and i found a gold class ring (1971). Its not a bad machine at all and pinpoints well. My only criticism with it is i could never get the depth i was looking for even with the dd coil. This year im gonna get a t2 and try that. Nice finds dude! One good way to use your ace 250 that you might already know about is to detect sidewalk tear outs, found an indian head with my 250 doing that! Keep em comin!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very good machine, my wife found her only gold, a large 10k necklace with hers

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds! Ace 250 is a good machine. I've had one for 2 years now and get better with every hunt. You will get trash, bottle caps and nails that sound like good targets often but it sure finds me a ton of clad coins as well. HH:thumbsup:

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your hunt and those pictures with this snowbound northern boy

Spydieman13

Jan 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I'm thinking about the Ace 250, are there any major cons

OP
OP
misterchivo

misterchivo

Jan 17, 2015
Roma, Tx
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre and Garrett ACE 250/Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks yall for the comments and tips. I'm a newbie and was a bit worried about the ACE 250 cuz of all the negative reviews regarding depth and pinpointing abilities, I just received mine yesterday and like I said before it's pinpointing works great and it's depth is pretty good I got that Saint Benedict pendant at a good 8+ depth since that what the depth meter read. I guess that the soil is a main factor in depth as well as from descriminarion I am running mine on all metals eliminating the Iron with sensetivity 3 notches down from max and it's working quite well.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
use the buttons, they will give you so much info by playing with sens., alternating between full metal and jewelry on iffy targets. I run mostly at 2 notches down in jewelry. raise the coil a foot off the ground to eliminate deep cans and other large items. keep the coil flat and as close to ground as possible and scan the target from different angles. in trash areas play with sens. to sort multiple targets close to, and above and below desired target. got a TRIME at 8 inches that had a small nail within 1 inch, got an IH at 12"+ down with 3 nails above it. when the 250 talks to you, you just need to learn the language. great machine for $200, durable, super light and capable of sensing goodies over a foot deep. sent it back to Garrett in the spring and they gave it a super tune-up at no cost. customer service is amazing. just would like to have a digital ID number, so I may step up to the ATPRO for that and the DD. it sits in my hall for now, I feed it a few pull-tabs until the ground thaws around April. HH

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
misterchivo,

That's pretty much the right setting for that machine....if you run it at max it has a tendency to give false signals.

Insofar as depth I was pulling out silver coins at 5/6" on edge in dry conditions.....for the deep stuff regardless of machine....go slow and do overlaps it'll up your chance of success.

Regards + HH

Bill

Thanks yall for the comments and tips. I'm a newbie and was a bit worried about the ACE 250 cuz of all the negative reviews regarding depth and pinpointing abilities, I just received mine yesterday and like I said before it's pinpointing works great and it's depth is pretty good I got that Saint Benedict pendant at a good 8+ depth since that what the depth meter read. I guess that the soil is a main factor in depth as well as from descriminarion I am running mine on all metals eliminating the Iron with sensetivity 3 notches down from max and it's working quite well.

camanddad

Jan 29, 2015
Western AR
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just got a 250 as well, still learning about it. Seems to be pretty good. Soil around here is really rocky and also clay. Keep getting stuff at 8" on the read out, but have never found anything that deep. Most of what we have found was in the 4-6" range.

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got my ace 250 last april and i literally(just ask my wife...lol) used the crap out of it over the spring, summer and fall. I have found more really good items than i can list and i think the pinpointing on this machine is outstanding. It has never failed me. One thing i have learned with the 250 is that the depth that it shows while swinging it is almost always wrong but, the depth it shows while pinpointing is almost always dead on. It found me an 18k gold, 1951 class ring that was about 8" down and the reading was all over the place, i almost didn't dig it but i did and it paid off. The morale of this story is, if you get a hit and it's bouncing all over in what it calls "the gold range", dig it. It's mostly going to be pull tab or some other junk but there will be that time when it's something great. One more thing to add, if it's ringing up foil, 99.9% of the time, it's foil....hehe. Good luck with your new machine and HH!

hunting deer

Jul 21, 2010
Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good detector! I found a lot of old coins and artifacts with mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions