dobber97

Mar 10, 2013
ILL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Teknetics T2 LTD,Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went for a little hunt after work today on an old house spot listed on my 1876 County Map. I went hunting and found a roached penny, a flat button and what I thought was trash. I was pulling all the copper pieces out of my pouch and was throwing in the trash bucket . I went and washed my flat button and put my headlamp on in case there was any writing on it I could see with my jewelers glass. There turned out to be writing on it says Rich Orange and has a capital D on the other side with 2 cross emblems. Anyway, I threw a couple of shotgun shells into the bucket and when I looked down into the bucket I saw a red reflection. I picked up the piece of what I thought was melted copper and went and washed it. I was amazed that this was a Lion Pendant with 2 I think ruby eyes. If anybody can help me on info from it would be great as well as the button. I guess I need to be more careful what I throw in that bucket huh.
IMG_0547.JPG
IMG_0550.JPG
IMG_0552.JPG

Upvote 5

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know, but the lions head is damn cool!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never hurts to check twice.
Nice relic finds! Congrats!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
''Rich Orange'' is an early 1800s backmark which refers to the Quality of the gold plating. British made.

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Mid Atlantic / East coast
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey thats really cool and reminds me of an item I found at a colonial church site more than a decade ago. The site produced nothing newer than the 1750s so like yours, the ring is likely very old. I like yours with the ruby eyes!

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 69
  • ringt.jpg
    ringt.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 76
  • rings.jpg
    rings.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions