Early Atmar slave tag.

cbxjon

Oct 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Holy Grail of the SC lowcountry. The hand engraved number you can't see in the picture is #214. 20150128_181216.jpg 20150128_181325.jpg 20150128_181356-1.jpg

Upvote 20

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well it's a great save from the bucket, I don't know if a save after 4-5 years is banner material. You did just actually found out what it was, so it could be a recent find.:dontknow: Maybe somebody knows for sure.
Either way congrats on the fantastic piece of history, and have any plans for the tag now?

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That kind of item really makes a guy think. Really nice find!

Gary1963

Jan 3, 2013
Lynchburg, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030 XP Deus Garrett Pin Pointer
Phiranna
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Banner for sure!! Voted I alway keep any item that I can't identify still I can . Congratulation

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, but banner votes do not count, was found 4-5 years ago, member joined in Oct of 2013

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

Last edited:

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic....rarity

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still a great find and congratulations.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool find!, reminds us of a dark time in this country. Even though because if the rules you can't get banner, you should still be very proud to have such a significant piece of American history, albeit not so great history, but it's part of the story of how this country came to be........

Awesome find

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there specifics on finds? For example, if Butt Digger found, let's say a 5kt diamond platinum ring in his yard, and thinks it's costume jewelry but he puts it in his pocket to give to his little girl later. Of course his pocket has a hole just the right size for the ring to fall through and it does. A few years later he's digging a new garden and rediscovers the ring, finds that it is real and posts it on Tnet. Did he simply just not find it twice? The way I see it he found it and then found it again. How many times (many) have members of this forum dug something up, thrown it in a bucket and later rediscovered the item to only then determine what it is? I don't know about the rules sometimes. Aren't we supposed to question them?

I'm voting banner anyway just to make myself feel better.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to have been a TN member when you found the item for the first time to qualify for banner by our rules. If someone found Cleopatra's scepter 6 months before joining TN it wouldn't qualify for banner.

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

Last edited:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys, I had bought a lot in Elloree SC. After clearing off thirty years of vines and brush, I looked it over with a $20 yard sale Bounty Hunter. The town is only 130 years old. Not a site I would choose to hunt. I found 3 out of time targets. Two flat buttons one pewter. The third was octagon shaped large coat button. rolled up. I threw them in the relic bucket. This was 4 or 5 years ago. A few days ago I dumped out the bucket intent on throwing out everything but the buttons and bullets. When I got to the octagon shaped button saw it had a hole in it. Hot water and needlenose. You know the rest...HH jon

Shame about the unbending, which probably hurt the value of this piece significantly. But a good find.

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Found 30 years ago or not it is still a dug and saved from the dirt major historical find. And im glad you shared your incredible discovery with us. Banner.

OP
OP
cbxjon

cbxjon

Oct 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ya'll for votes and congratulation.Not to worry about the Banner thing. I've been hunting the swamps and fields of the lowcountry more than forty years. I found more than my share of banner stuff. Had birdshot rain down on me more than one time. Must have had 2 dozen dogs siced on me. Canebrake's and cottonmouth's everywhere. I kissed 200 butts and old widow's just to look in fields that were barren. Then you step out on a virgin,two acres of black glass, blue plate and deep iron chatter on every sweep. Yep. It's worth it....HH jon

Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ya'll for votes and congratulation.Not to worry about the Banner thing. I've been hunting the swamps and fields of the lowcountry more than forty years. I found more than my share of banner stuff. Had birdshot rain down on me more than one time. Must have had 2 dozen dogs siced on me. Canebrake's and cottonmouth's everywhere. I kissed 200 butts and old widow's just to look in fields that were barren. Then you step out on a virgin,two acres of black glass, blue plate and deep iron chatter on every sweep. Yep. It's worth it....HH jon
Well said! .............& congrat's on a well-earned find!

Iowa Dale

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find even though we can't vote banner on it per TN rules.

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can relate to that!! Tony

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions