Contents of An Old Safe - Half Century Old Money Inside - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Contents of An Old Safe - Half Century Old Money Inside

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2014
    Newton, NC
    XP Deus
    2002 times
    Metal Detecting
    Back when I was a kid (long ago) you were permitted to "look" around at the dump. Around here now you are only allowed to dump your stuff and leave. They see you walking around you're asked to leave. Something about liability and such. But as you're allowed to "shop" at your dump there are obviously different rules in different places. So keep hunting and finding all these magnificent items.
    UnderMiner likes this.

us
    The Urban Pirate

Jul 2014
    New York City
    Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250, Mark II, Pro-pointer, RadEye Radiation Detector
    5938 times
    If there's no dirt under your nails, you're not trying hard enough.
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by beez0404 View Post
    Back when I was a kid (long ago) you were permitted to "look" around at the dump. Around here now you are only allowed to dump your stuff and leave. They see you walking around you're asked to leave. Something about liability and such. But as you're allowed to "shop" at your dump there are obviously different rules in different places. So keep hunting and finding all these magnificent items.
    Same rules apply here. The first time I tried to gain access to the dump they kicked me out because I didn't work for the department. So every now and then I would bring a box of doughnuts to the main building and chat with the workers. In a week I was good friends with the guys running the place. We would talk about the tons of neat stuff we had all found - one of the workers had furnished his entire house with nothing but stuff he had salvaged from NYC curbs. I made friends with the workers and the top brass in the long run and now I have full access to not just that one dump but almost all the dumps in the city. I try to keep them happy by bringing them cold sodas in the summer since they have to work outside in the heat most of the day. You would not believe the amount of friends you can make by giving out cold sodas on a hot day. Anyway that's how I gained access to the dumps of NYC.
    Let history be your treasure map .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links