Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
UPDATE-Carbine Sling Buckle, U.S. Buckle Hooks, Thimble, & 1889 V Nickel Today

With temps expected to be about 55 today, snow tonight, and a high of 36 tomorrow, Donnie (Tenn. Digger), Doug, & I continued our quest for the lost U.S. camp by hunting another pioneer home site close to where we suspect the camp is located. After a few false starts, we located the site marked only by a few hand cut limestone chimney rocks.
Donnie dug a few flat buttons, 1889 “V” nickel, a circa 1840 silver spoon, mid 1800s utility knife, and brass hooks from a small U.S. buckle. Doug recovered part of a CW period pocket knife, bras thimble, and a curious part iron & part brass relic that remains a mystery. My best finds were the U.S. Carbine Sling buckle and the mini Dutch Oven.
After today’s hunt, we are convinced that we are zeroing in on the camp. HH from Donnie, Doug, & Quindy.

NOTE-Here's the Carbine Sling Buckle restored by our friend Robert McDaniel in Alabama. he does great work. Thanks for looking & HH, Q.

Attachments

• DSCN1509.JPG
    DSCN1509.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 131
  • DSCN1510.JPG
    DSCN1510.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 139
  • DSCN1511.JPG
    DSCN1511.JPG
    828.3 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCN1523.JPG
    DSCN1523.JPG
    297.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Upvote 19

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another nice group of finds as usual!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet buckles guys! :thumbsup: Congrats on the recoveries, and that "U"nion horseshoe. :laughing7:
Your videos are always a treat to watch even though you could use some more Yankee tunes. LOL.
Beautiful scenery Q.
Let me know when you guys narrow in on that camp. I'm only 5 hours away. (hint) :thumbsup:
I'll bring the heroin.
-DUHg-

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT stuff there! A sling buckle is on my list to dig, and that's a great recovery there! I bet it got your blood pumping! Nice work on the arrow hooks too!

Cheers,

Buck

winslow

Oct 30, 2004
Oregon, No Cal Border
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
Great video. Nice seeing you guys having a good time. Congrats on the finds ... especially the sling buckle. Nice piece of silver too. :occasion14:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice digs Q,that sling buckle is a very nice find,probably allot waiting for you guys around that place.-HH

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
I had a great time with you guys today Quindy. I also loved the video that you made, pretty cool. I think that we are on to something in that area and would love to go back again. Congrats on the sling buckle, that is a really nice find. Old period house sites near civil war camps will always produce a few relics. I've got a great idea about this place. We can take DMan's new relic hunting mentor and advisor and maybe he can show us exactly where we need to hunt!!! :laughing7: :BangHead: Oh, and I caught the part about DMan being in a bar when he was only 3......you ain't right!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you using a different camera for your pics? They seem extra sharp today! Great, great video, but I would be surprised to see anything else. Tennessee Digger steps right in for Josh...it's good to see you back with them, TD. Some day you'll have to enlighten us about Dman's new friend and mentor.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Are you using a different camera for your pics? They seem extra sharp today! Great, great video, but I would be surprised to see anything else. Tennessee Digger steps right in for Josh...it's good to see you back with them, TD. Some day you'll have to enlighten us about Dman's new friend and mentor.
Same field cameras OD. Humidity increases tonight. Dman has someone who has hardly any experience giving him advice-LOL. HH, Q.

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Old Dude....the quility of the video went up when he filmed DMan and me!!! :laughing7: :laughing9: We can't talk about DMan's relic hunting mentor but I will say this.....We need to take Dman's new friend so he can show us what we are doing wrong and maybe point us in the right direction. :BangHead:

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice sling buckle Q. That one's still on my most wanted list.

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds guys, really like the sling buckle. it won't be long you all will be in the middle of that camp.

Good Luck, Bill

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Y'all had a GREAT hunt! I'm loving the sling buckle and Donnie's hooks for the US buckle. Dman, I can envision all your thimbles as tiny lamp shades on your next creation!:laughing7: Q, judging by the horse shoe position, your luck is not going to run out.
Way to go :)
Breezie
PS Thanks for the shout-out.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
looked like a fun great hunt, congrats

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dave,
The reason Quindy's pictures looked better are because he had to send in his Polaroid in for repair. It needed new radiator bearings. :tongue3:
-DUHg-

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt gents! The Carbine Sling buckle is a nice find Quindy. You guys are in the right zip code.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread