Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Parking lot find.

This will be another chapter in my Urban Treasure Hunting book. When large parking lots gets covered with snow the snowplows push all the snow to the corner of the lot. Not only does the plow scoop up the snow but also every single tiny thing that is on the ground in the lot. So when the pile of snow in the corner of the lot begins to melt you will find everything that was scattered across the whole lot concentrated in this one place. Utilizing this method today I found 67 cents and a sterling silver WWJD pendant. I can't wait for the snow to melt more. :)
DSC08741.JPG
DSC08743.JPG

Upvote 6

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
underminer,

Good score on the silver pennant....I usually manage some eyeball finds in those areas also....also if you have any sledding hills in your area another good place to check when the snow melts.

Regards + HH

Bill

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy UnderMiner,

I won't try to second guess what Jesus would do, but I will tell you what RGINN does. He is a fellow member living in Colorado. He has been keeping an eye on where the city dumps the snow, especially the main street pile. He is also keeping a file of lost items listed in the local newspaper. That way he will be able to return them if he is lucky enough to find them come spring.

Homar

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great silver find!

Ya we are waiting for the mountains of snow to melt down to mole hills!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrats on the finds, it was rather cool this morning but after the sun came out about 11, it warmed up very nicely. we went, we hunted hard but it was just one of those days, even the clad was hard to come by but the can slaw and foil was out in full force.

WNCsweeper

Aug 4, 2013
Asheville, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core Pro pack × 2
Nokta Pointer
Rattler head phones
Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah pull tabs foil and can slaw camps in my spots and wait for me also