My first metal detecting finds

Flapjack23

Greenie
Jan 22, 2015
Saline MI
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250 and garret pinpointer (original)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
Upvote 5

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great_find.gif
Hey, even though we can't see the picture - junk is just part of the fun of the search. Thanks for helping clean up the beach! :)

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You keep at it and you will eventually have something other then junk to report.

OP
OP
F

Flapjack23

Greenie
Jan 22, 2015
Saline MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Planning to spend a few hours on clearwater beach too before I head home wednesday. All the junk I was able to put in the recycle bin at the place my inlaws are renting. My pinpointer REALLY helped. Had no idea how much it would.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

CarolinaCurt

Jan 2, 2015
Pittsboro,NC
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC l l b, Nautilus l l , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Flapjack and welcome to the forum. And as the old saying gose, One mans/ womans trash is anothers persons treasure. HH

OP
OP
F

Flapjack23

Greenie
Jan 22, 2015
Saline MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very true, even though the treasure I found had no "value" it was still my first treasure.

dustyspurs

Jun 20, 2012
Lafayette
Detector(s) used
Deus 3.2 , Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta start somewhere. I'm going down there in April. Looking for sharks teeth but bringing my detector.

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum. That's how I knew that this sport was for me, I got excited even when I dug junk.:occasion14:

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Hang in there and keep diggin, I was fortunate enough to pull some nice finds from my first day of digging and was instantly hooked. often wonder if it had taken months would I have lost interest in the whole thing and never developed the passion I have for detecting?
(Suit up at 2:30 am when there's a negative 1.1 tide at 5, the temp is -5 with a wind chill of -20 and head off for the coast, my only real problem at these times is ice buildup on my coil :laughing7:)
On sandy beaches up here sometimes the trashiest sounding signals can be keepers, I have three pieces of dental gold that many other diggers
must have passed over and I feel they are amongst my most interesting recoveries. Treasure will come thru your perserverence. HH :thumbsup:
013.jpg

OP
OP
F

Flapjack23

Greenie
Jan 22, 2015
Saline MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well about to head back to Michigan. I got about 90 minutes of hunting on Clearwater beach before the wife and I enjoy our last day here. I found the normal junk but my last 2 finds were current dimes! Very excited to see actual cold hard change pop out of the sand! Pinpointer was want really made the finds, one was 6+ inches deep, I would have spent a lot of time had I not used it. Enjoying the hobby.

Just before I left a great older gentleman walked up (detecting himself) and we spent 10 minutes talking. Very nice guy. He called me a "youngster". When I told him I'm 40, he said he is twice my age plus 2. In great shape from walking the beach everyday. Very nice guy. Glad I met him.

A chance not taken is a wasted opportunity.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! Junk is the pathway to treasure!

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Welcome to your new addiction. You will never be able to quit now!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well about to head back to Michigan. I got about 90 minutes of hunting on Clearwater beach before the wife and I enjoy our last day here. I found the normal junk but my last 2 finds were current dimes! Very excited to see actual cold hard change pop out of the sand! Pinpointer was want really made the finds, one was 6+ inches deep, I would have spent a lot of time had I not used it. Enjoying the hobby.

Just before I left a great older gentleman walked up (detecting himself) and we spent 10 minutes talking. Very nice guy. He called me a "youngster". When I told him I'm 40, he said he is twice my age plus 2. In great shape from walking the beach everyday. Very nice guy. Glad I met him.

A chance not taken is a wasted opportunity.
9 out of 10 people I meet that are detecting are friendly and will stop and talk to you...welcome to the addiction.

sliverslave

Nov 17, 2012
Co.
Detector(s) used
Explorer ||
Welcome flapjack , get that junk out of the way rescan the hole, and you never know!!!
Good luck happy hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread