Best 20th anniversary weekend ever

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi everyone, happy valentines day weekend everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend, with lots of awesome finds, for those who cannot get out, I feel your pain, and hope you can soon! :icon_thumleft:
Ok, so as many as you know, yesterday was Chug and my 20th wedding anniversary! :occasion14: Me and Chug 002.JPG There was at least 2 feet of snow that year, I asked Chug "Will you marry me someday?" on a etch a sketch, he wrote........"YES!!" Three weeks after we married, I had to have emergency surgery, I was in for a week, and when I came home, I found Chug had moved our bed from upstairs, to the downstairs, by the kitchen and bathroom. He had the couch next to our bed, and slept on the couch by me as I got better, I knew then I had finally found my soul mate and best friend.
So, how did we celebrate? We went hunting! untitled anniversary hunt.png untitled chug.png It was gorgeous out, we hit the sand first, Chug found his first car, Best anniversary ever 047.JPG of the year :laughing7: the sand wasn't too giving, some days Buttercup can't handle the black sand. We headed for greener grass, :tongue3: and the finds got much better, and funny, as well as beautiful. The Canadian geese were heard from miles away, we could see thousands of them a few miles away, it was really awesome, and loud, Chug got to enjoy it too as he had worn his hearing aid yesterday!:notworthy: We hit our fair share of pulltabs, and enough beer caps to supply a frat party, not a one was pop or juice. Chug found the first bling, Best anniversary ever 027.JPG Best anniversary ever 028.JPG it's a slide, I'm going to make into a ring for my son, he loves skulls, and has a few skull jewelry he loves, so this is perfect! Chug also found Best anniversary ever 029.JPG LOL looks like this year is a skull year for Chug, every year there is one item he keeps finding, one year he found 11 mood rings in one year. Best anniversary ever 048.JPG We introduced them to Chompy, who we found last year, Best anniversary ever 050.JPG but it didn't go well. We decided to work in an area we normally didn't do, it was a covered picnic area with an outdoor kitchen. Soon I was hitting pennies, then I found a bicentennial quarter, omg I was in 6th grade when they came out! happy dance, I worked slow, there was a lot of iron, I soon had a signal that sounded two toned, and bouncy, I was curious, and just had to dig it, untitled my new ring.png untitled see.png I was so focused on trying to get a good picture, that next thing I know, I hear "YOINK! Oh no you didn't!" I look up and Chug say "Yes you did," I got my first silver of the year! :hello2: He laughed and I got a kiss. Best anniversary ever 077.JPG I next found a 75 cent pocket spill, and guess what? Best anniversary ever 056.JPG yep, another ring, another ring! It's junk, and has lost it's stone, but it still counts. It was ringing nickel and was about an inch down, I was using my knife to find it, I couldn't believe it when I put my knife right through the center of it and pulled it out! Chug saw and said "No, not again" I of course laughed, at that, we had a blingy weekend, doing our favorite hobby together. A Russian couple showed up and used one of the barbecues under the shelter, the woman was talking on her Iphone, yakking away and funnily enough she started taking pictures of us digging targets, then she decided that wasn't good enough so she went to where I had dug, and took pictures!! WTF? Whatever she was hoping to find wasn't going to happen, you couldn't tell where my plugs were! Jokes on her! An Asian couple were there too, they were more polite, the man asked what we were doing, he was relieved when he heard just metal, like coins, he laughed, told his wife and they left. Now of course Chug cannot complain one bit, see, he had an eviction at the complex we works at, they abandoned quite a few things.......
I woke up yesterday to find this by my side of the bed, Best anniversary ever 011.JPG and this, Best anniversary ever 012.JPG Best anniversary ever 013.JPG Best anniversary ever 016.JPG now inside this beauty, was this Best anniversary ever 018.JPG Best anniversary ever 019.JPG Best anniversary ever 022.JPG and I can't forget this, Best anniversary ever 083.JPG Best anniversary ever 084.JPG Yep, all silver, it was in a toy box, under toys, kids clothes and needles. The stove goes perfect with this little girl Chug bought me about 21 years ago, Best anniversary ever 066.JPG her name is Kristine Louise from my two sisters, whom I had lost, and now have them both back for the first time in 45 years for one girl, and 26 years for the other. I am so blessed to have them back, they are beautiful! 10337707_4290001905556_8090671192309653535_n Teenie.jpg my youngest, 4-19-14 461.JPG and this is my middle sister. Long story, not pretty, the healing is amazing, so much pain back then, so much fun and beauty now. I even have two aunts who were looking for me, my dad's sister saw me once just after I was born, and never again. Now she writes, sends me beads and findings, and we talk, she is a hoot, and a great person!
Today we got out again, the finds were slim, but oh so much fun. We got dirty good and proper, and wet knees too. We hit pull tab and cap hell, I found pennies one at a time. We were in one area that all we did was crawl on our knees and use our pointers, and kept hitting pennies and caps for about ten minute's, then kept hitting can slaw, Chug found his first of the year, Best anniversary ever 031.JPG Best anniversary ever 032.JPG Best anniversary ever 072.JPG this has the Lord's prayer on it, and is blank on the other side. Best anniversary ever 089.JPG Chug dug this up, he wasn't sure what it was, maybe a hubcap he was thinking, so I cleaned it up while he was soaking in the tub, all that digging is hard work at our ages! LOL Best anniversary ever 094.JPG Best anniversary ever 091.JPG he got so excited when he saw it, he couldn't wait to clean it more and see what it said, I kept telling him it was cooler than that, he finally found out what it is, and he will tell you soon, he had to hit the tub again, along with Epson salts. He wins for coolest find today! Tomorrow he has another apartment to clean up, the tenants skipped and left a mess, he'll have to do a full paint and replace carpets, blinds stove and dishwasher, not only that, but this unit is a townhome that is on the second level, there are 7 different floor plans, with this one he will be going up and down stairs all day, three floors of stairs, YIKES! :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
Thank you for reading my post, I swear, we can't make these things up, all we can do is laugh, and enjoy, and before I go, I've been playing with wire, my aunt sent me some, and Chug found some in an apt he did a few weeks ago, and well, I love playing with it, it's such fun creating new stuff to wear, what do you think? Best anniversary ever 062.JPG Best anniversary ever 063.JPG Best anniversary ever 064.JPG Best anniversary ever 060.JPG Have a great week, stay safe and take care, and keep sharing your finds and stories, and remember, it's not always what you find, sometimes it's just the timing, and the time to stop and enjoy! Red:hello:

Last edited:
Upvote 3
OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For you coin Hunters and Coin roll Hunters You Will Love tomorrow's Post Just Remember the One That Packs It Out Gets First Choice!!!!!LOL

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Her is a picture of the Cap to a Shaker that I Found today cocomalt lid reference.jpg

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAPPY 20th .. and love the finds

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
:notworthy: Love and adventures - life can't get any better than this! :notworthy: Many many more years of happiness and detecting surprises to Chug & Red! So glad you have your sisters and aunts back in your life, nothing can be better than that. Andi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread