Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Mid Atlantic / East coast
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Come on man you at again ? Nice buckle and relics. That must be a good 1700s site your hunting at. The buckle is in great shape.Vanzutphen

Cmon man its been like a week and a half since I last hunted. lol

Yes, this is a loaded site. Its starting to quite down tho. Sucks but it cant last forever.

hunting deer

Jul 21, 2010
Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the old stuff. I've never found a 1700 coin, but I'm hoping too. Very nice. Congrats!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That may be the nicest dug Kg I've seen. And that's a killer buckle. And oh yeah....YOU SUCK BRO! -30 windchill tonight. Need I say more? But I'm happy for you bud lol

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That may be the nicest dug Kg I've seen. And that's a killer buckle. And oh yeah....YOU SUCK BRO! -30 windchill tonight. Need I say more? But I'm happy for you bud lol

Yowza! 30 below NOW THATS BRUTAL. That KG sure came up pretty. I put it in my front pants pocket by itself and thats how it looked after rubbing back and forth for and hour or 2. Only thing I did to it was hit it lightly with coconut oil. lol

You think your ground will be thawed by April???

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yowza! 30 below NOW THATS BRUTAL. That KG sure came up pretty. I put it in my front pants pocket by itself and thats how it looked after rubbing back and forth for and hour or 2. Only thing I did to it was hit it lightly with coconut oil. lol

You think your ground will be thawed by April???

Yes, yes I do. I'm an eternal optimist my friend. If it's not I will buy an excavator and just start digging. I can't take it anymore buddy

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Makes you realize how recent colonial times really were. Amazing how quick people forget their history :thumbsup:

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Certainly one of the sharpest Georgies I've seen dug :thumbsup:. I like it a lot.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice for a short hunt CP. I love finding those whole trapezoidal buckles although they almost never include an intact tang. And those decorative leather ornaments are also from the 17th century as you know. The patina on your halfpenny is stunning. If that came from a cultivated field you were lucky the fertilizer did not do a number on it. Although I haven't been able to get out for quite a while now due to the weather, I did a little test the other day and stuck my probe into the 6" of snow in my yard, and was surprised the ground was soft even after temps being near zero for a few days. Definitely a nice insulating effect like you said. There's a chance Dan and I will get out later this week for our first hunt in about a month, and we're gonna be hitting a site that has also produced a few 17th century finds. I'm really looking forward to getting out after having suffered from a serious bout of cabin fever recently. Not used to that down this way. Good luck to you next week.

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
nice haul. Couldn't imagine trying to detect in this weather for more than a few minutes. Supposed to be nearly -30 tonight. On pace for the coldest Feb on record.

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice for a short hunt CP. I love finding those whole trapezoidal buckles although they almost never include an intact tang. And those decorative leather ornaments are also from the 17th century as you know. The patina on your halfpenny is stunning. If that came from a cultivated field you were lucky the fertilizer did not do a number on it. Although I haven't been able to get out for quite a while now due to the weather, I did a little test the other day and stuck my probe into the 6" of snow in my yard, and was surprised the ground was soft even after temps being near zero for a few days. Definitely a nice insulating effect like you said. There's a chance Dan and I will get out later this week for our first hunt in about a month, and we're gonna be hitting a site that has also produced a few 17th century finds. I'm really looking forward to getting out after having suffered from a serious bout of cabin fever recently. Not used to that down this way. Good luck to you next week.

Yes the halfpenny did come from a cultivated field. One of the nicest I have ever found. Good luck next week. Finally looks like this deep freeze will be thawing for us in the mid atlantic. Lets pray its the last one.

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. A bit jealous here that you can dig. It's frozen solid by me. No surprise with the way the temperatures have been.
weather 2-24-15.JPG

Limey-digger

Jan 17, 2015
Roamin with the Romans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great site that you have for sure. Your Georgian coin is in great condition, I have found loads of them here in the UK but yours trumps any of mine for the detail left on it. The pottery sherds are late 17th century English slipware most likely from Staffordshire. A whole intact slipware bowl can sell for up to $4000.
Hope you get the mild weather soon so you can hit the site hard, I'm sure there will something extra special lurking there for you.

George.

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great site that you have for sure. Your Georgian coin is in great condition, I have found loads of them here in the UK but yours trumps any of mine for the detail left on it. The pottery sherds are late 17th century English slipware most likely from Staffordshire. A whole intact slipware bowl can sell for up to $4000.
Hope you get the mild weather soon so you can hit the site hard, I'm sure there will something extra special lurking there for you.

George.

Thanks for the ID. I plan to really hammer this site once we get some decent weather.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just love those buckles you are pulling out of that spot! And so many are complete!

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just love those buckles you are pulling out of that spot! And so many are complete!

Yeah man. This is my best buckle site BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS. I love buckles but always finds pieces. I think there were like 4 or 5 complete frames here so far and 2 even had the chape / studs.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the excellent finds!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I'd say the drive was well worth it, that 1730 kg is great!, hang in there the weather will break soon

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey I'd say the drive was well worth it, that 1730 kg is great!, hang in there the weather will break soon

Man! Woke up this morning to a surprise snow and cancelled school. Worse, the forecast calls for 3 -4 more inches tonight. What a relentless miserable winter. Ahhh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread