Does anybody else have the frozen ground blues??

Vonclemen29

Apr 15, 2013
Central mississippi
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter commando, minelab xterra 505 9", 6" coil, minelab pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, about over this cold weather. I've been stuck in my house for a straight week now, and I'm ready for some good weather. It's been raining, sleeting, freezing rain, snowing, and just plain cold for seven days. The ground and trees are frozen, and now I'm just waiting to lose power.
Mississippi has the most bipolar weather. It's supposed to be seventy Monday, it's 28 and raining now. Well I found a spot about two days before all this started and I'm aching to get back in it. Found all kinds of stuff. I farm so this is my off season, so metal detecting is about all I do during the winter. Ready for some good weather!!
Well anyway, rant over here's my two day hunt. I think the bullet I found is a spencer, not real sure.

image-1789419701.jpg

image-3644575816.jpg

image-604513459.jpg

image-2417481384.jpg

image-4160822580.jpg

image-1197365025.jpg

Upvote 7

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya you can just see the top edge of the bench backs, sitting could be a tad cold!

We do have a warm up coming (so they say). I just may dig a hole in the snow pack so I remember what bear ground is supposed to look like!

Ace- I have one of those sitting in my driveway covered in snow my daughters car. It will be here till the snow melts .

Last edited:

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm having soggy ground, storming blues.

It rains almost everyday for the past 3 weeks here and then we will get a 2 day snow once a week. It thaws out after 3 days and then refreezes and the ground is so waterlogged that a sprinkles causes minor flooding in some places.

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm having soggy ground, storming blues.

It rains almost everyday for the past 3 weeks here and then we will get a 2 day snow once a week. It thaws out after 3 days and then refreezes and the ground is so waterlogged that a sprinkles causes minor flooding in some places.

Trade ya? [emoji2]

Rhode Hog

Jun 22, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Snowed in for to long,started looking at notes i wrote found one about a treasure ship the Le/La Chameaw found in the sixties off Nova Scotia any one know anything about it

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jan 31, 2015
Lower Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGOLD

Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haha, yes the cold weather is a bummer. I have 2ft of snow still....but next week they say we get some 40°+ weather. Nice finds and glad someone can dig!

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have one more for you the HMS Hazard sunk in the early 18 th century looked for it for years never found anything thanks

That would be one beach id want to try after big storms! Haha

Hms hazard
This British warship wrecked during a hurricane in 1712. The ship went down off the beach of Green Harbor, located approximately 5 miles north of Gurnet Point, in Plymouth Bay. The Hazord was carrying thousands of dollars in gold coins.

Rhode Hog

Jun 22, 2010
🥇 Banner finds

Hms hazard
This British warship wrecked during a hurricane in 1712. The ship went down off the beach of Green Harbor, located approximately 5 miles north of Gurnet Point, in Plymouth Bay. The Hazord was carrying thousands of dollars in gold coins.

Thats about all the info i have searched for this many times with my dive club found nothing but an old transatlantic cable that went to France, thanks for info

Rhode Hog

Jun 22, 2010
🥇 Banner finds

Hms hazard
Still 2ft of snow on the ground so sitting in front of the computer. i have another shipwreck for you the HMS Fevershim sunk up your way carrying Mass silver coins.thanks in advance

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still 2ft of snow on the ground so sitting in front of the computer. i have another shipwreck for you the HMS Fevershim sunk up your way carrying Mass silver coins.thanks in advance

Thanks. I'll check that out when I get home. Another snow storm coming for me tonight. 20-30cm. When will this end! [emoji30]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread