Two of my best finds to date.

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP deus and whites Mxt pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this CS 3" Marshall shell January 31 and exactly one week later found this half of a brass mold for casting counterfeit 8 reales! Here's also a link to my video for the shell!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424917327.915677.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424917357.911905.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424917410.940204.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424917438.095782.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424917468.082818.jpg

Upvote 25

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
LaGold

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks so much for the complements! It only took me two days to figure out what the mold was! I didn't pay much attention to the little brass block until something caught my eye one evening on the way home from work! The Suns rays hit it just right and I could see the two pillars and the crown well. At that point I realized what I had! After all my research it seems that they are very rare! Especially being made from brass. I haven't yet been lucky enough to come up with the other half but rest assured I'll make it known if I do!!! These two finds are banner finds in my book! Thanks again for all the comments!!! GL and HH to all!

Last edited:

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great shell, have hunted the Marshall powder mill where the shell was made and found a few minnies in the past. Two great finds.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The mold is really something special for sure, it would just crazy to find the other half. Best of luck in finding it, and congrats on this amazing recovery.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how many counterfeit coins that mould has made, bet it sure could tell a tale or two...Super find.:thumbsup: Maybe you should have posted it in todays finds, I would have voted Banner on it.:thumbsup:
What am I on about :icon_scratch: It is todays finds.:laughing7:

SS

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm voting BANNER on that mould. I've never seen one posted and think it's one if the coolest and most unique finds I've seen on here. I would rather find that over a few 8 Reales. People prob think I'm crazy but there's a hell of a lot of 8Rs out there and very very few moulds like yours. That is an incredible find. Congratulations. I hope it gets the attention that it deserves

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a first for me, incredible find.sweet shell 2

OP
OP
LaGold

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks guys hopefully I can put this one up as my first banner find for Tnet!

ResurrectedVirginia

Jan 8, 2014
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome awesome finds man!! I can't wait for the day that I found my first artillery shell!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys hopefully I can put this one up as my first banner find for Tnet!

I hope it goes even though it'll be pushing mine off lol. I'm ready for a shot at a new Banner find. Spring will be here shortly

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how many counterfeit coins that mould has made, bet it sure could tell a tale or two...Super find.:thumbsup: Maybe you should have posted it in todays finds, I would have voted Banner on it.:thumbsup:
What am I on about :icon_scratch: It is todays finds.:laughing7:

SS

Given the profit I assume quite a bit. That said, the real over the top find is finding a hand engraved die that struck the coins.... way more sought after, and extremely rare. They seldom turn up even for halfpennies, but always do very well at auction.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is great find LaGold. Thanks for sharing

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! Find the other half to that mold and you can start cranking out some counterfeit 8 Reales just like they did 350 years ago!

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That mold is truly fantastic and should be up top soon!!!!!!!!! vote is in!!!! CONGRATZ and HH.........

OP
OP
LaGold

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425005527.788691.jpg

These are all the finds from the day I found the 8 reale mold! A few buttons 1876 seated dime, silver thimble and some other nice things! If you guys noticed my excitement in the video of when I dug the shell I was just as excited the two days after I dug the mold when I realized what I had! All my friends can vouch for my excitement when I make these big finds! I can hardly contain myself! I go on a texting frenzy sharing my finds with many of my closest detecting friends! Thank all of you for your great comments and support! This is what detecting is all about! Sharing the experience and excitement we each strive to have! I can only hope that all of you have as great of a year as I already have this year! No matter how big or small your finds may be! What they mean to you is all that really matters!

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great find that mold would make my year that shell is pretty awesome too! And that's one heck of a nice looking point as well! Hope you find the other half just for a little icing on the cake! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions