Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the contents of a house clean-out I picked up last night. Still going through the bags and boxes right now but so far I have uncovered: 1 14K pearl bracelet, a vintage US soldier's uniform jacket (with Sterling Silver rifleman's badge, other awards, and patches), a soldier's hat with brass American Eagle insignia, a 1963 $10 Bill (From pocket of Uniform), and more to come I'm sure! Any ideas what the patches and insignia on the uniform mean, I think the "8 with the arrow" is the logo for the 8th Infantry Division, I wonder if this uniform is worth anything significant? Enjoy the pics, I'm sure I'll dig out more to come. :treasurechest::headbang:

The first thing interesting I pulled out of the bag was this really cool looking army hat
with decades worth of dust accumulation.
DSC08885.JPG DSC08884.JPG

Then I pulled out the jacket with all its decorations:
DSC08891.JPG DSC08898.JPG

Some of the decorations on the jacket:
DSC08895.JPG DSC08896.JPG
DSC08897.JPG

The sterling Silver Rifleman's badge:
DSC08892.JPG DSC08894.JPG

Just on a hunch I checked the inside pocket of the jacket and found the soldier's long forgotten $10 bill - dated 1963!
DSC08900.JPG DSC08902.JPG
DSC08904.JPG DSC08906.JPG

The soldier's cap was also included:
DSC08890.JPG

Also found this 14K and pearl bracelet still in its original box (albeit wet and a little frozen to some cotton):
DSC08887.JPG
All cleaned up: I wonder if it's worth anything significant? Maybe $20 at most probably.
DSC08908.JPG

Anyway I have to get back on the hunt, will check back soon if I find anything else in this lot! :treasurechest::headbang:

Upvote 14

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find people tossing this sort of stuff is more the norm than the exception - they start cleaning out grandpas house and get overwhelmed or exhausted - and either bang through it really fast - or hire some clean-out crew to do it - I stop and look at every dumpster I see- I hope you grabbed every bag you saw- I often find bags that seem like total crap - but there is something good mixed in - anyways - I sent you a message.....Im looking for some random stuff that would only turn up in a dumpster...

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent find/recovery! Keep us posted of more of your finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions