Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deleted at your request. But just so you know..
you are entitled to your own opinion :thumbsup:

we can live with different opinions here :laughing7:

That's what makes it fun!! If we all agreed, it would be kinda boring!:laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jeff could you please erase my post. .Should have never commented..
Vino, I wasn't attacking your post, it broke no rules, just expressing my opinion on ring was all....

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vino, I wasn't attacking your post, it broke no rules, just expressing my opinion on ring was all....

I know..I am just going the choke this one up to religion and politics.
Not something I want to discuss. .lol
George

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. I wouldn't destroy it becasue it is still a piece of history. In one hundred years people will see it for what it really is - just another symbol of hate - one of thousands of different kinds produced throughout time. We could blow up, deface, and burn every Nazi swastika, every KKK symbol, every Soviet Hammer & Sickle, but that wont change anything. If anything this would be counterproductive as destroying the symbols of hate would make the truth of their existence and their purpose less known to future generations, and we don't want future generations repeating the mistakes of their ancestors.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He was not a member as far as my family knows but he was a well traveled flea market shopper. Thanks for any info so far

I'd bet your grandfather was NOT a member, but bought the ring for the same reason as I since you said he frequented flea markets. I think any " real " member would be taught to recruit and spread the message of hatred...they would certainly preach it to young members of their own family because they would be most impressionable.
I hunted a farm late last year and because the owner requested to see anything I found, I went inside his house. He showed me some of the unique antiques he had including a patch worn on the robes of a member of the Klan. His words were " We don't talk about this " since it was a member of his family that it had belonged to. I didn't ask if they were secretive because of embarrassment or being protective.

Last edited:

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmm - Im kind of interested what else is up in that attic- your grandfather being a flea market guy - take the camera up there and snap some pics if you could....

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in my opinion, it's a fantasy piece. most likely created for flea market sales. I seriously doubt a 'real one' ever existed

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay I don't really see klansman I see Halloween costume jewelry. And the kkk means keeping kids klean

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I know..I am just going the choke this one up to religion and politics. Not something I want to discuss. .lol George

You have class George. I look forward to a hunt one of these days.

slowwevo

Jan 1, 2014
The Sunshine State/The Golden State
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
the kkk is alive in florida,no doubt,there is an old expression Ignorance is bliss....there are a lot of blissful folks in florida,I do have a friend who collects rare items,and showed me his old kkk notary seal with our local county, we have been discussing possibly sending out a letter saying the clan is now accepting everyone to join, and I do mean Everyone

DCMetal

Jun 3, 2014
Washington, DC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YUK!
Give it to a museum (a real one). While I would say melt it down, a museum would at least put it in a frame of historical reference. I would think donating it would be better than selling it to some sick &*^(.

Fire away... Standing tall on this one.

Born in Georgia, Raised in Texas, Living in Washington, DC.

jwarner51

Aug 11, 2014
United states of America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YUK!
Give it to a museum (a real one). While I would say melt it down, a museum would at least put it in a frame of historical reference. I would think donating it would be better than selling it to some sick &*^(.

Fire away... Standing tall on this one.

Born in Georgia, Raised in Texas, Living in Washington, DC.

You should never melt down history although a dark time, we need to preserve this stuff to remind future generations not to repeat what has already been done. I wouldn't destroy a KKK ring or a Swastika medallion etc.. Its all important to remember.

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just got home and opened the mail. On the cover of my Smithsonian is the pistol that was used to shoot Lincoln. It appears to be a highly prized historical item. Seems to me isn't too different than something like a ring or a robe. COULD be called a symbol of hate, but no one is trying to have it pulled and melted down. No....actually it is quite different. The pistol was used to ACTUALLY kill someone, yet we keep it around and I'm glad we still have it. Just saying.

I'm just debating stuff here. I'm a huge history buff and would never advocate destroying any item that had history behind it.

ecoast

Sep 12, 2013
The Highlands of NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, V3i, DeepTech Vista SMART, ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
baaahhh! haven't you heard?

..it's da NEW klan now!

no more hating; just luvs being white!

:laughing7:

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So many things found that represent less than desirable times in our county. I couldn't imagine anyone ever thinking of detroying something with historical reference.

Let's say you found a slave tag in near perfect condition, worth a little bit of money and the historical value is priceless. It would make banner all day. I can think of about a thousand other things I'd like to find as well from less desirable times that I would cherish in my collection. We might as well melt all the buffalo nickels and any other coins that had an indian on it so as not to offend. The list goes on and on.

As someone already said, a ring never hurt anyone. I'm sure everyone is safe from offence from me because all I find are the pop tabs and foil.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pop creates obesity which kills ( in New York anyway) and is that foil from a cigarette pack?!? Oh my...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions