worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, maybe you should've said that some public high school students never get past being a graduate from there. ;) I was told that I absolutely COULD NOT be a programmer without all the extra paperwork. College degree/Trade school certificates, etc. Now, I'm a retired System's Analyst after better than 40 years of a career and metal detecting any ole time I feel like. Count me among the "lucky" ones from public HS that was able to rise above. LOL

Now working on my thesis, why the ATP works sooooooo well in the hands of a pulic school gradumate! ;)

I flunked 2nd and 11th,stayed back too,half way through my senior year I got thrown out and was told NEVER come back.I am one that learns at my own pace...don't try shove something down my throat I don't understand....THEY have the problem... not me.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, maybe you should've said that some public high school students never get past being a graduate from there. ;) I was told that I absolutely COULD NOT be a programmer without all the extra paperwork. College degree/Trade school certificates, etc. Now, I'm a retired System's Analyst after better than 40 years of a career and metal detecting any ole time I feel like. Count me among the "lucky" ones from public HS that was able to rise above. LOL

Now working on my thesis, why the ATP works sooooooo well in the hands of a pulic school gradumate! ;)

Here's an interesting article.

Teaching Children How to Think Instead of What to Think - Waking Times : Waking Times

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I flunked 2nd and 11th,stayed back too,half way through my senior year I got thrown out and was told NEVER come back.I am one that learns at my own pace...don't try shove something down my throat I don't understand....THEY have the problem... not me.

If I were to be going to school in this day and age, I would be labeled ADHD and chemically induced to be less off a "BOY" and more of a "girl". "Sugar & spice" and all that. LOL

Fortunately, I figured out how to do both. To play their game and still get what I wanted! ;) Some fortunate ones are able to do that despite what they do.

Another HUGE mistake this "modern" world is doing wrong is trying to make their kids into miniature grown ups, waaaaaaay too soon!

This is WAAAYYY too far afield from the purpose of being on this site though, so, with that, I'll climb back down off my soapbox.

COME ON SPRING!!!!! LOL

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
If I were to be going to school in this day and age, I would be labeled ADHD and chemically induced to be less off a "BOY" and more of a "girl". "Sugar & spice" and all that. LOL

Fortunately, I figured out how to do both. To play their game and still get what I wanted! ;) Some fortunate ones are able to do that despite what they do.

Another HUGE mistake this "modern" world is doing wrong is trying to make their kids into miniature grown ups, waaaaaaay too soon!

This is WAAAYYY too far afield from the purpose of being on this site though, so, with that, I'll climb back down off my soapbox.

COME ON SPRING!!!!! LOL

OK.....Nice 35 by the way. Spring,what's that?:laughing7:

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that's a new way to find silver at the coinstar machine !! Congrats on the silver Washington.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice find... you gotta take the treasure where you can. Nice save!

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great!

PaigowPushalot

Greenie
Feb 21, 2015
Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
American Hawks Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this is a reply from Coinstar for my inquiry of buying bags of coins to search thru.
Coinstar’s patented technology allows our processors to filter out foreign coins and does not accept Eisenhower silver dollars, Sacajawea coins, 1943 steel pennies and pure silver coins, which coin collectors are commonly searching for. We understand this may cause some disappointment and apologize we are not able to accommodate your request.
Oh well, back to collecting change.😭

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently went to our bank to get rid of a large amount of zincs and had a rather nice surprise by the time I left.

Got to the bank and went to the machine,, and started feeding all my modern zinc pennies in,,,after like 30 seconds it stopped and some kinda warning lite came on.
So I asked one of the tellers for assistance. After a little looking around we saw that the machine was clogged,,, WITH EUROS !!!!

So not only did my daughter get her pennies all cashed out but we ended up with like 25 or so mixed dates EUROS.

A rather good day I must say.

Now the question is,,, where can I take these to trade for USA dollars?

Hit

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently went to our bank to get rid of a large amount of zincs and had a rather nice surprise by the time I left.

Got to the bank and went to the machine,, and started feeding all my modern zinc pennies in,,,after like 30 seconds it stopped and some kinda warning lite came on.
So I asked one of the tellers for assistance. After a little looking around we saw that the machine was clogged,,, WITH EUROS !!!!

So not only did my daughter get her pennies all cashed out but we ended up with like 25 or so mixed dates EUROS.

A rather good day I must say.

Now the question is,,, where can I take these to trade for USA dollars?

Hit

Nice surprise!

You mean your bank does not do current currency exchange services? I would think you could just ask the teller to exchange them. :dontknow:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think karma likes you....a lot! Lol! What are the odds in that happening?
Blingie & Fishy must be doing a happy dance!

All I ever find in a coin star is trashy metal, not even coins!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would dearly love to prove that theory out! .....but by Sept.? I don't know if I can hold on THAT LONG!!!!!

I am seriously contemplating throwing the detector in the truck "just in case" I find any place I "think" I may be able to detect even a little .....:icon_scratch: :dontknow: :tongue3: :laughing7:

Maybe I should just sit next to the coin star with a cup in my hand and see what happens! :laughing7:

DW Dirt Whisperer

Jan 11, 2014
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
2 Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool. lol My 11yr old son found this 1944 merc in one of those last week. everytime we go to the store he runs up to those things before me and most of the time scores silver.

IMG_20150224_143103969.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread