Sterling silver ring, shotgun shell, and a gold/diamond button?

TheHappyCanadian

Sep 14, 2014
Vancouver
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Garrett AT Pro
Deteknix Xpointer
ProPointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My new coils came in from Fort Bedford Metal Detectors so my wife and I decided to find a new place to hunt and came across an old neighborhood park. I started swinging the Super Sniper coil on my Garrett, while my wife headed towards the sand playground with the NEL Hunter Coil attached to her Coinmaster. With iron discrimination at 20 I was finding plenty of targets. The best part of the Sniper coil, as some may know, is that I could get withing two inches of the steel fence posts without picking them up. I eventually switched over to my NEL Big Coil, but there were just too many targets being picked up at the same time because of the size of the coil. I will have to try the coil at a beach next time.

My wife was pretty happy with her new coil, she picked up on how to pinpoint with it pretty quickly too. Her only complaint was that with her concentric coil she could visualize where the target was by looking through the "bullseye" of the coil, while with the double-D she has to dig without seeing the ground underneath. Overall she prefers the Hunter coil.

the finds!

062.jpg
my finds on top, my wife's finds below

063.jpg
appears to be pewter with plastic "stones"

064.jpg
Pandora ring, sterling silver with 14k accented leaves: Tree of life - 190140 - Rings | PANDORA

065.jpg
there was also an inscription inside that we're using to hopefully find the owner

058.jpg
"Stella & Dot" stamped into what looks like gold leaf, with a 1/4 carat diamond stud to the right

059.jpg

060.jpg
bottom part of a crucifix, looks like stamped pot metal

061.jpg
Remington 12 GA shotgun shell

thanks again to Fort Bedford Metal Detectors

Upvote 4
OP
OP
T

TheHappyCanadian

Sep 14, 2014
Vancouver
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Garrett AT Pro
Deteknix Xpointer
ProPointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
forgot to weigh the ring :D

20150302_064920[1].jpg

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pretty nice, sounds like both of you are happy

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread