Confederate "Lined C" Cavalry Coat Button!!! (rare back) Beautiful 26 SLQ & More!

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Confederate "Lined C" Cavalry Coat Button!!! (rare back) Beautiful 26 SLQ & More!

Hello all! Well, I had a great day Saturday... My favorite find (of course) is the coat size Lined C Confederate Cavalry button. It has a rare backmark of Courtney & Tennant. The button was made in England for Courtney & Tennant, a store in Charleston SC. If only it could talk! This is definitely in my top 10 best finds. Another memorable find was a beautiful 1926 standing liberty quarter that looks like it was dropped not too long after it was made. I also found a nice assortment of other relics. Any help on the mystery items would be appreciated. I'm especially curious about the 2 buttons or coins melded together. It was a great day to get out with some good friends & save some history! Thanks for looking & HH! button_front.png button_back.png coin_front.png back_coin.png coins.png coins2.png bullet.png buttons.png rimfire.png ring.png key_cover.png forks.png what1.png what2.png misc.png whatsits2.png whatsits1.png

Upvote 29

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
That's an exceptional button Josh - WTG! And that quarter is in amazing condition too. Very nice hunt. Glad someone can get out. I was only able to get in 2 short two hour hunts the entire month of Feb which is less than 10% of my usual. Been very boring and frustrating to say the least. Are you still going to take that bobcat back to your site? I know you were supposed to do that last month, but guess the weather had an impact on that as well.

Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Killer button and the SLQ deserves attention too for being in such great shape.

OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an exceptional button Josh - WTG! And that quarter is in amazing condition too. Very nice hunt. Glad someone can get out. I was only able to get in 2 short two hour hunts the entire month of Feb which is less than 10% of my usual. Been very boring and frustrating to say the least. Are you still going to take that bobcat back to your site? I know you were supposed to do that last month, but guess the weather had an impact on that as well.
Thanks Bill. Yeah, I see the weather up your way has been rough. We were supposed to do the bobcat this past weekend but canceled because of the snow & ice. I don't think the bobcat would've done any good in the mud. We are planning to now do it the 13-15 , hopefully the weather will cooperate.

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Confederate lined "C" ! Looks like a great centerpiece. Sometimes I think relics like that do talk to us. Nice standing liberty also along with all the other finds. Snow and rain make it bad but I think the mud is worse.

Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Super nice button! Love finding anything Confederate. Congrats

Crag

Greenie
Nov 7, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is the triangular "keyhole" piece in the 11th pic? I've got a site where we've probably found 10 of them, and I've always wondered what they were.

Crag

Greenie
Nov 7, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it's a keyhole cover off a piece of furniture

Sorta what I figured, but always wondered why I found so many. Was hoping you'd tell me it was something different and interesting!

Great finds, by the way. I love finding those beautiful old confederate buttons!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Finds...
That 'C' button is the Bomb W/Sweet Back Mark.
SLQ= SUPER COOL!
I like the Fired minnie as well.
Really like the way you did your Pictures.
Thx for posting.
Davers

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not easy to score a dug up SLQ in that condition ! Very Nice Find . With those low mintage numbers I'm a little surprised
that it doesn't list for a lot more in XF grade which it easily makes .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread