2 SPANISH COBS TODAY! NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE IN 25 YEARS OF SWINGING

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
What an amazing area you are working. Every beep must be truly exciting.

Thanks for posting the pictures, it gives the rest of us hope!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Wow , lots of digging there, tons of targets!
And the age and quality of them!
Your site is the gem most of us search so desperately for!

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a great day out for you, and what a site! Congrats on the double Cob day and the real nice looking buckle.

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great site you have there. There's nothing like a virgin early site...not that I would know what one is like, lol. Keep pounding it until they plant. Congrats!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TreasureNet

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You always find the good spots:laughing7:...Hey I know where that field is...hmmm....just kidding, great hunt and to top it off your wife is into it too. What more could a man ask for:thumbsup:.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am green with envy. Those are some awesome finds. Thanks for sharing and boosting my hopes that there is still some out there.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic hunt! Great photos, thank you for sharing.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing digs! Maybe a pirate came ashore there or something. :blackbeard::treasurechest:

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Another great assortment of early finds CP. And wayda go on the cobs! Like you, I have found multiple colonial silver at many sites, but never 4 cobs. And that stud chape buckle is really cool too. Too bad that ring doesn't have a family crest or other design on the face, but it still looks quite early. I've only managed to dig 2 signet rings in 20 years, so they're definitely hard to come by. I believe that threaded ring piece is a reins guide. I know you're anxious to get back in there, and with warmer and drier weather next week everyone should finally be able to get back in the fields, including myself.

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you could get back out to that great site in between the snow, rain, mud, cold crappy weather and that field didn't disapoint. Don't know where to start congratulations on your finds they're all nice. The ring thing with the threaded stem is a rein guide or at least it appears to be although I have never seen one that small. Can't wait to see what else you find once this nasty weather gets past us.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hardcore!!! 2 Cobs in 20min??
Unheard off!! Them kind of sites are almost extinct..
You must be having a blast???
That buckle is pretty awsome also..Look forward to seeing more..
We should only have a couple more weeks. .Then look out..lol
George

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
I was just taking notice that although there are plenty of coins, leather ornaments and other relics at this site, the buttons are relatively few. Seems as though if this was a heavily occupied area your button count would be considerably higher. Very strange. And usually when this much silver is present there's a good chance a tavern or inn was on the site, or a busy plantation. If it's a plantation site, there will be several other outbuildings with their own iron patches and relics. Regardless, you should be able to find a sizable trash pit(s) there. I know I've mentioned that multiple times, but your best finds could actually come from the pits if you can be fortunate enough to locate them. In many cases, the 17th century pits were located in close proximity to the structure so if you can find the major iron patch the pits should be lurking close-by. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions