davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey everyone,
I haven't been here for a few weeks, cause all the snow we been getting!Last time I detected was the beginning of January. The snow started after that day and i'm iching to go.
Well I ended up purchasing a 9x12 coil for my garrett ace 250 and man it is much larger than the one it came with. I did an air test and oh yea it does go deeper and also cover more ground while swinging!Think i'm gonna be happy with this upgrade,rather than buying a new detector.

PLEASE SNOW BE GONE,CAUSE IF THIS KEEPS UP I MAY COMIT SNOWASIDE!
Hope to see you all soon...HH for those who can!

Upvote 3

Roadrunner007

Feb 23, 2015
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQUINOX 800 BHID300, Spectra V3i, TDI Pro, 6000Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a nice upgrade on your Coil. Hope you find lot's of Treasure after this crazy snow is gone.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're only getting all this snow b/c the boy and I both upgraded to AT Pro's. Lol

New machines and no where to go.... I hate snow!!

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bigger coil is good, but remember it dont matter how much ground you cover but how well you cover the ground your searching....:icon_thumright:

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi, Dave. I also have the 9x12 on my 250. It can be a little more difficult to tell exactly where your target is. I found this video that addresses pinpointing. Whether helpful or not, decide for yourself. I like the coil, haven't changed back since buying it last summer.....Ken

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
good luck on the new coil, they can make a real difference.

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good Luck. I have found getting a new coil or two is a lot like having two detectors, just doesn't cost as much. HH.

OP
OP
davehky

davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, Dave. I also have the 9x12 on my 250. It can be a little more difficult to tell exactly where your target is. I found this video that addresses pinpointing. Whether helpful or not, decide for yourself. I like the coil, haven't changed back since buying it last summer.....Ken

Thank you so much for this video! I now have a head start on pinpointing my targets with this new coil.....HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread