Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

Had a great Sunday today. My son wanted to go mountain bike riding at his old middle school, and I knew there were plenty of areas to detect there. On the way, we stopped by this old farm house that I've always wanted to detect at. The old lady had an "antiques for sale" sign out front by an ancient tractor. We stopped to see what she had, and I thought it would be the perfect time to ask permission to MD on her land. After knocking on both the front and back doors of her house, and waiting about 5 minutes, she finally came out. In a low cleavage 1-piece bathing suit no less!!! :o Now if you've ever seen a 75+ year old lady in a bathing suit, it is NOT a pretty sight! :( She scarred my son and I for life. I know I will not sleep well tonight. My son whispered something to me about "looks like to eggs in a pan" , and I about died. ;D Anyways, everything she had she wanted an arm and a leg for. I bought two old hubcap's from her , a Mustang & a MERC. I asked about MDing, but she wasn't too hip on the idea. She let me dig one hole by one of the old houses, and hovered over me like a hawk. I didn't want to look up, because I didn't want to see that saggy site in my face. To hole turned up a friggin' plow piece. She then told me I "smelled good". At that point I knew it was time to go. I told my son to get in the car and save himself. ;D
Well, I can mark that spot off my list.
We then proceded to the middle school. I haven't hit a playground in some time now, but have been seeing a lot of you coming up with some great finds there.
My son took of bike riding, and I took out my trusty Tesoro. There are acres upon acres of areas to search at this school, and I think it is untouched.
In a matter of minutes, I was finding clad. I hit the bark areas by the play sets (love the bottom of those slides), a small sandy soccer area, and last but not least, a sandy old volleyball area. While in the volleyball area, I found a 10KP GOLD & 7-Diamond ring!!! Big & gaudy sucker too (size 9). I couldn't believe my eyes.
I'm hoping this is the real McCoy, but I have no idea?
What does 10 KP C1 mean? Is it real gold?
I placed it in my pocket, and moved on. Within 5 minutes, the very next row in the sand, I found another ring!!! This one is a 14K WHITE GOLD wedding band (size 7 1/2).
By this time my son was back from riding, and we did a few high 5's. Also, his "Very nice" impression of Borat. ;D I told him he was my good luck.
This is my 3rd gold ring so far, two with diamonds.
Other finds were:
*A bunch of clad, including 4 quarters in one small hole.
*Some toy jewelry including a Jesus pendant.
*A Chinese (?) coin. Anyone know what this is? Probably an egg roll token? ;)

Anyways, it was a great Sunday. Or should I say SONday?
Sorry for the long-winded post, but I'm still excited about the rings.

Ridley- Get your butt out there with the DFX, and work your magic.

Romeo- As you can see, the Tesoro I bought from you is working great. Thanks again.

Have a great week everyone,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,574
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,575
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,578
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,577
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,569
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,571
  • MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,572
  • MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,553
  • MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,564
  • MVC-013S.JPG
    MVC-013S.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,554
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 1,560
  • MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,552
Upvote 0

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Time with my son & GOLD strikes TWICE!!!

Hahahaha....I still think you gotta chance to hunt the antique spot...and might have a chance of finding other things..lol Nice Finds btw..

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

round with square hole is chinese cash coin....see what is this section i believe someone posted one on there

DIRTSWEEPER

Feb 26, 2007
UPSTATE NY, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, 5" excel, detectorpro phones

Wow sweet finds, nice going. Gotta love gold !!!! ;D ;D

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds, MM! Sounds like a great day. Hope you don't dream about fried eggs....

HH

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII

MM,
I drove out there, but I couldn't find the area you were talking about. I wound up behind the elementary school. I found a little clad but these animals were making strange noises in the woods. (Screaming and breaking branches in the dark).
I left that spot fast and drove around the high school for a while, but didn't see a volley ball court.

Congratulations on the rings! Please pm me on the spot you were talking about.

Ridley

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ridley said:
MM,
I drove out there, but I couldn't find the area you were talking about. I wound up behind the elementary school. I found a little clad but these animals were making strange noises in the woods. (Screaming and breaking branches in the dark).
I left that spot fast and drove around the high school for a while, but didn't see a volley ball court.

Congratulations on the rings! Please pm me on the spot you were talking about.

Ridley

Whoops, I forgot to tell you about the deers, wolves, and rabid foxes out there at night. No kidding.
I park behind the elementary school. Walk up the hill, and you will see play sets, and a sandy area with two soccer nets. (I never finished that area today)
Right next to the elementary school is the middle school. There you will find a track, bleachers, two volleyball areas, and a sand area. The sand area behind the middle school is where the rings were. Hit it tomorrow after school lets out and before the creatures come out.
If you don't hit that spot, I know a 75 yr old lady that would LOVE to see AND smell you. ;D
-MM-

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yep, sometimes it's just not worth what you would have to go through to look that yard of hers, LOL!!!.........You sure hit the honey hole for rings today... I'd say that diamond cluster ring is real for sure. You can wear that one around with a great big smile on your face!...Way to go

DANGLANGLEY

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE

Very cool, I got one of those cash coins this spring, it is dated to 1796, my oldest find yet(at least until I get my half-dime from 1792).

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina

Really great story and post. Have the ring checked by a jeweler . Just because it has a P does not mean it is plated ? could be a custom made piece ? Enjoyed your post.

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

ModernMiner said:
waiting about 5 minutes, she finally came out. In a low cleavage 1-piece bathing suit no less!!! :o Now if you've ever seen a 75+ year old lady in a bathing suit, it is NOT a pretty sight!

HA HA dont you know why it took five minutes for her to come out ? She saw two young studs at the door and ran to put her bating suit on for you guys !
;D ;D ;D ;)...............

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Spitfire Reddie said:
ModernMiner said:
waiting about 5 minutes, she finally came out. In a low cleavage 1-piece bathing suit no less!!! :o Now if you've ever seen a 75+ year old lady in a bathing suit, it is NOT a pretty sight!

HA HA dont you know why it took five minutes for her to come out ? She saw two young studs at the door and ran for her bating suit ! ;D ;D ;D ;)...............

LMAO!!! ;D ;D ;D ;)

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Wow !!! Congrats big time on the fantastic finds.

Yes your ring is real for sure. 14kp means 14 karat gold plumb which means (I think) that this is certified to be at least 14kt pure or higher (not lower... like 13.5 kt pure)

WTG!!! Keep em coming!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Boobydoo said:
Wow !!! Congrats big time on the fantastic finds.

Yes your ring is real for sure. 14kp means 14 karat gold plumb which means (I think) that this is certified to be at least 14kt pure or higher (not lower... like 13.5 kt pure)

WTG!!! Keep em coming!

Smiles!
BDoo

BDoo,
That's great news. Thank you.
You have been one of my inspirations lately as far as playground hunting goes.
-MM-

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania

Yes Boobydoo is correct, the KP means Karat Plum (the exact amount of gold = .417)
IT'S REAL ;D Not sure about the C1 marking tho.

if it was K.P. then it would be Karat Plate

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds, MM. Sounds like that lady was treasure hunting with the Antique sign.

HH

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm still laughing about the lil old lady ;D ;D Beautiful ring!! WTG

;) RR

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania

I think this is your coin

http://anthromuseum.missouri.edu/minigalleries/chinesecoins/intro.shtml

Manchu Dynasty
(A.D. 1644-1911)
MAC1966-320
Under the Manchu Dynasty (also referred to as Ch'ing or Qing) more than one thousand types of coins were produced. The characters on the coins were often written by famous calligraphers, leading to great beauty and variety in the Qing coins. Chinese and Manchu characters are found on the coin, and they designate the place of minting. A few coins were struck by machine toward the end of the Manchu Dynasty but they were not widely circulated. It was not until the end of Imperial China and the establishment of the republic that cast coins went out of circulation.
ManchuDynasty.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions