New site, first hunt on it, found GOLD

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
:) Got the all clear to hunt a site that has 27 acres,its the county children,s home.Home has been in operation for 102 years.Started out in a large old farm house built in the early 1800,s Was torn down in the 60,s to build a new home.Property has many other old home and building sites on it that are now gone, and a huge pond.

Got my first hunt on it wednesday p.m. I started where i thought the old home site once stood, it only took 20 min, to tell that no one had ever hunted it befor.Found lots of iron,clad couple of old watch parts, toys,and the junk.After only 30 min,i was hitting on 5cents and pull tab,started not to dig put something forced me to. At abought 5'' i was looking at what i thought was an old pull tab. But when i saw that yellow my day was made.

This was only my secound gold find and it was a nice one.The ring has what i think is a onyx stone with the head of a woman with a feather head dress carved into the stone.It looks like it may be from the 20,s or 30,s. not to sure.
ring is 10k and has J16-109 stamped inside the band. I dont have a clue to what this is.any help on this ring would be great.

Finds in the $2.87 cents, a 1972 K-1/2 3-wheats,1962 qt,1964 nickel and 1960 dime. Found an old aspern tin that must have been some kids treasure,it had some small quartz stones in it. I think it is time to upgrade from the old Bount Hunter sharp shooter II,IT DOES A GOOD JOB BUT I dont think its up for the task of what may be in the ground of this un-hunted site. Thinks for any help on the ring.HH

Attachments

• MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 631
Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Other pic,s that did not post

Attachments

• MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 611
OP
OP
J

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
sorry i,m having so much with this post

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 605
W

Wanabee

Great finds. Sounds like you got a place to work out for awhile. The kid's tin with rocks is an unusual find. Makes one wonder how old the child might be today.

nitro

Dec 30, 2004
Round Rock, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs. It looks like you have found a wonderful site, good luck and keep us informed of your finds.

J

Jim Cal

Neat stuff! Sounds like about 3 years of good hunting given the size of the place. What a stoke of luck finding gold first time hunting the site. Just think of all the other stuff waiting to be found. I don't know if I could sleep knowing it was waiting for me. Jim Cal

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Excellent digs! Last Aspirin tin I found was full of sewing needles, they were very popular for carrying small things around inside back in the day. Hope your next one is full of gold!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definately A good Day . Congrats. Can't wait to see More. THANKS for Posting ; jeff

Shutterbug

Nov 6, 2004
You did good! The gold ring really makes your day, dosen't it. I think you are going to have a lot of fun at this site.

nick1878

Feb 7, 2005
SE Indiana
Those finds bring back memories. You've got a great site there. Go slow, grid your areas and keep those pic coming. Way to go

D

Darod

Great digs! Love th pics.

If you need help with the pics just let me know. I can help you resizing and posting pics if you need. You can store your pics on my server as well if you like. Just email me.

Rod

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Chances are that box of rocks isn't the only cache on the property. The next one may have something a little more interesting in it...Good Luck~CO2

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Hey there JARMAN! Good work You've got a built in hunting site for a long time to come. Just be patient, grid it out & HIT IT BIG! THere is bound to be really goods stuff on this site. Congrats on teh ring. It's a beauty. Spotz

OP
OP
J

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
:) Thank,s for all the support and comments. LowBatts /Nick, Does bring back the memories,I love the aspirin tin,takes me back to the early 60,s I left one somewhere on a 267 acre farm that I grew up on.Cant rember what might be in it.Hope to get back soon,Darn work takes up to much time.But the longer day,s are on the way. HH

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet that place is loaded with good stuff! Way to go on getting permission! Great job! 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread