VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We have been unable to hunt for a month due to ice storms, extreme cold, and heavy rain. Today, Doug and I hunted an old home site in middle Tennessee. Our finds are shown in the pic. Doug had the best finds today with a brass pre-CW square plate, and a brass and an iron musket barrel band. He also dug the part of a RFD lock. We both dug a lot of blacksmith made iron relics as show. My best find was part of a straight razor and what may be the socket end of an early bayonet. Not our best day but we were just glad to get back out. HH, Doug and Q.

Attachments

• DSCN1544.JPG
    DSCN1544.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 168
Upvote 9

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds and Great to see this Weather finally give the opportunity to enjoy it. Thanks for the F75 report, it sounds like I need to send mine to get the update. It's a very impressive machine but the noise reduction would be very nice. Bill

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent collection of interesting finds, thank you for sharing.

dustyspurs

Jun 20, 2012
Lafayette
Detector(s) used
Deus 3.2 , Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who says rusty iron is a bad thing? Very interesting.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds and Great to see this Weather finally give the opportunity to enjoy it. Thanks for the F75 report, it sounds like I need to send mine to get the update. It's a very impressive machine but the noise reduction would be very nice. Bill

Thanks Bill. The opportunity to upgrade the F75s ended March 1 Bill. Good luck to you & HB, Q.

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Good to see you and "Floyd" getting out and digging a few things. I'll be glad when I can get out again! Good job on the video also.

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Oh, I meant to tell you that I really enjoyed your article in the American Digger magazine. Well done!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pre-CW Brass Plate, Musket Bands, & RFD Lock Part on Hunt 3-11

It may not be your best hunt, Mr. Q., but many of us up here in the tundra would give something dear to us to be able to get out and just hunt. Thanks for reminding us what it feels like to get out!
p.s. I thought Dman was wearing UK blue when I first started the video. Go cats!

Last edited:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done. Has Dman been recognized as Royalty yet? If they come to crown him, be sure to tell him that you'll make sure they stencil "Princess" on his truck.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice digs Buddy the snow here is melting quickly..

Hopefully i can get out within a week.

~Blaze~

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
That was a fun little hunt and I am looking forward to next week. I hope Donnie can go so he can open up the gates.LOL

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Well done. Has Dman been recognized as Royalty yet? If they come to crown him, be sure to tell him that you'll make sure they stencil "Princess" on his truck.
Sound like you are getting jealous of me. LOL

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
DMan....Donnie don't do gates. I claim executive status and besides, you are SOOOO good at it. How are you and Fewberry doing? Are you learning anything from him? If we go next week, please bring some good relics for us to find....thanks.

diggervet

Dec 3, 2006
Mechanicsville, Va.
Detector(s) used
Deus XP/Nautilus 2B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great to get out and dig after this nasty winter, looking forward to seeing your future posts!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Park Pirate, Bill, Professor, Dusty, Donnie, OD (Dman's H.S. colors were blue & white), BB-He's had experience with PROCESS SERVERS-LOL, JB-Hope you get back in action soon, and DV the good news here is that we can hunt now-bad news is the vegetation will make many sites unhuntable in 4 weeks). Spring is almost here. HH, Q.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread