🥇 BANNER SPANISH DUBLOON, COB, and 2 KILLER BUTTONS and MORE!!!

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy T-netters! A great day today at the 1812 fort site! Third day at that site. To date, I had found two British buttons--- one flat, and the other my cherished artillery button with three cannons. Also, tiny musket ball, large half musket ball, and 1787 NJ Copper.
This time around, I hit bank, from within the river bank! I believe the small gold to be a 1/2 escudo, 1783. Extra fine grade I think. A 1731 COB, which I believe is burnt on the side where the cross would be. Makes sense, since the British pilfered the fort and then BURNED IT. So, I guess American money was still at a premium, thus, nothing wrong with good old spanish money. Man, I almost fainted when those fell out the bank....or was it all the gnats biting me. Annoying as hell. Actually, not sure what they were. Little red bite marks all over me. The American Artillery button came out a little later, along with the crusted pocket knife and the hatchet. Wonder if there is any hope for those two items by way of electrolysis? I like the artillery button as much as the coins. Only seen one other like it. The small button came from farther inland, along with the large musket ball. I think the smaller button to be a cuff button. Decent gold gild still on it. Oh, by the way, both buttons have full shanks. This was my best day detecting by far! Would be hard to top it with so few places to hunt down here. Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 623
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 956
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 623
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 637
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 617
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 912
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 888
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 865
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 584
Upvote 61

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt,love that cobb:thumbsup:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am amazed at those finds. What a hunt, congratulations! Sub8-)

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a day you had. Nice to see some old gold here in the states. I'm voting Banner on this hunt for sure. 18th century gold and a cob and some other goodies. Doesn't get much better than that. Congrats on a dream day buddy

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The clarity of that 1731 Cob is just breathtaking! A piece fit for a museum if I don't say so myself. :treasurechest::thumbsup:
I smell a banner find :)

procali

Nov 16, 2013
BajaMex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, ctx 3030, sdc 2300, Sovereign Gt, Excal 1000, x-terra 705, profind, propointer. Stealth 720i and 920ix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is amazing, beautifull 8 real and the gold escudo is a find of a lifetime, i bet theres more so as soon as possible get back outthere and pound that site. My vote is in.
If posible try to get better pictures of your amazing treasure finds and update your post.

Last edited:

Aug 18, 2013
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus W/11" coil and 9" HF coil, Garrett AT Pro W/5x8 coil
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds Bill, My vote is in for Banner.

By the way what was biting you was probably No-See-Ums. Here's what they look like.
ar120571247519387.jpg

Magnified

kills_no_see-ums_and_sandflies_tampa.jpg

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Definitely a banner day with some amazing finds. Colonial gold, large cob, amazing condition artillery button.........what more could you ask for! Congratulations!!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
An amazing assortment of finds. Congrats and don't worry about them bites. I would have risked reaching into an alligators mouth to get that doubloon.

Banner banner banner!

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may want to get a better pic up of the gold, cob and the buttons......heck maybe a better shot of the entire group of finds for the banner. The Mods are picky about that.
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread