🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds Good :) Looking Forward to the Pics. ; HAPPY HUNTING ; jeff

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Mo congratulations and welcome to the board. I am in TN and I really like to dig those bullets.
Let me know if you get tired and need some help. ;D

nitro

Dec 30, 2004
Round Rock, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the board and congrats on the great site. Would like to see some pics if your able to post any.

greenswinger

Feb 17, 2005
ms
towcritter where did you get name......i worked with river towboats for the last 45 yrs . nothing to do with md , just being nosy !!

Jan 23, 2005
Would love to hear how you narrowed down your search for the camp. I have a bunch of good leads, but it is difficult pinpointing the exact location.

John

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
What part of Mo are you in?!? Let us in!! We'll settle for some pics, great hunt!

BRD

Mar 26, 2004
Congratulations mobrigade,
My hunting partner and I would love to find such a place. We live just north of Houston and have almost no documented Civil War campsites in this area. As you know, there were only a few Civil War battles here in Texas, although Texas sent a lot of men to the war. We have found a few pistol balls at what is rumored to have been a training site for soldiers headed for the war. We will keep looking.
Again, congratulations. You probably put a lot of research into the project and deserve the rewards.
BRD

OP
OP
mobrigade

mobrigade

Feb 23, 2005
Missouri
First you have to do your homework hitting the Official Records, diaries, etc...then find a fresh water source in the general area believed to be a camp and start from there....I did a lot of digging nothing before I found this site.

mobrigade

J

Jim Cal

Exciting to find a virgin camp! Give us some details if you will about how you found this site. Nothing too specific of couse but it would be nice to know whether this was word-of-mouth or based on your research. I've hunted a few places in Tennessee and Kentucky where the old firepits lined with rocks were just as they were left. Post somes pictures when you can! Jim Cal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread