🥇 BANNER HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY, reunited!!!!!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Jan 31 I posited a great day we had digging when I found half of a CS reef buckle. Since then the weather has been real cold and we have had a good bit of snow. It has keep me up nights thinking about the other half of that buckle. We went back twice to try to find it , but both times the ground was froze solid and we could not dig at that spot. Finally last Sunday I got there for about an hr and a 1/2 and found several bullets but no buckle. I thought then that it was probably not there:sad1: Today it was calling for mid 60s and had rained yesterday. Conditions were rite so we made plans to go. I put the large coil back on my AT pro for maximum depth, new batteries, and was all bizz. We got there at 8:00 am and the first 2 signals were junk. (1 pc of wire, 1 nail.) Then I got a good solid hit and dug the hole. I about to crap my paints when I seen the side of that tongue.:hello2: My two friends and I had a great day. We all found bullets and one found half a spur, and the other found a CS block A button. Later in the day I found the sword hook off of the belt about 3 feet from the tongue . Sorry for rambling on but this is better than any buzz you can buy!! Thanks for letting me share this great day with you. I will probably never top it!!! cs buckle.jpg IMG_20150321_083009992.jpg IMG_20150321_150807126.jpg IMG_20150321_162124670.jpg

Upvote 79
OP
OP
relic nut

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. Just stinkin' WOW. Yep, that's a BANNER any day. I cannot BELIEVE you scored the second part. A CS tongue & wreath is just creme of the crop and my only question is - why is that buckle NOT your avatar?! Did it have a green patina when you found it? It looks fairly bright in your pic?

All I did was wash in water and clean with tooth brush. Then I hand rubbed with paraffin wax. It will be my avatar when I get chance to update. Know I am just letting all sink in and enjoying the ride

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just voted banner on this one,what a terrific find! I was hoping you would go back and find the other part to it.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8-) awesome CSA buckle ! , can't read all the posts and excuse me for asking ,
??? ahhh yes , never mind I re read it , :confused: you found the tongue on your recent trip .................. kool

dynamic duo !

anymore than one exclamation is wasted

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your find gives me hope I'll find the wreath half of my tongue buckle - totally awesome!!!!!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to copy that!

OP
OP
relic nut

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation on finding the tongue man.That Block A would have made my day alone.Looking at the buckles patina there is no doubt in my mind they match up. I think it is" Banner time"

Last edited:

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe - this is an extremely significant find for history nuts like me. It is really breathtaking to think the last person to see this thing together could have actually used it in combat. Congrats on a find of a lifetime...Brad

OP
OP
relic nut

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe - this is an extremely significant find for history nuts like me. It is really breathtaking to think the last person to see this thing together could have actually used it in combat. Congrats on a find of a lifetime...Brad

Thanks Brad. It will always have a place on my wall, less than 5 miles from were it was lost.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on being fortunate enough to get your second half.
AS already stated there at least a few of us who have only one half (yes me too) and to me a half is really only a tenth of the whole. I don't think I'll get the chance to get my other half, even assuming it is there as the land is for sale ?

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:stop:-----Banner Time!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic hunt and story! Your perseverance certainly paid off. Congratulations!!

OP
OP
relic nut

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to everyone who commented on my wonderfully day. It is nice to share this with people who can appreciate it, and to those of you who are still looking for your other half, Keep the faith!! I look forward to seeing them. Good luck to all and thanks again. RELIC NUTTY-ER

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That NEVER happens--but you managed to pull it off! I voted banner on this find. Congrats!

-Buck

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It happens every now and then...had it happen twice to me...fatastic find there..

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread too should have made the Banner by now. Have all the Mods gone to a convention or something? Come guys, flip the switch.
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread