Did a Stage 2 Hunt today at Soccer Complex.......See the Results with recap.

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found with the Whites MX5. Did a Stage 2 hunt, looking for nickels & gold rings. More digging but potential for gold rings. Will try to give future results and just "maybe" a gold ring in my future.....Thanks for looking.

001.JPG
(click on picture to enlarge)

HH
Bill

Upvote 9
OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pull tabs will eventually turn into gold....keep at it and happy hunting

Thank You......I loved the recent Buffalo & War Nickels you found(discovered at work)..... Do you still use your AT Pro at the beach near your work?

HH
Bill

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill with all those coins and pull tabs there just has to be at least 1 gold ring there somewhere. Can't wait til you find and post pics of them

longislanddertfisher

Dec 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bill ....and yes I most certainly do still use my pro at that beach.....it's packed every summer and of course NOTHING is ever "hunted out"

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20 Quarters and you call this a stage two hunt? :laughing7: I guess mine are stage 4 hunts then cause I maybe get 4 or 5 quarters and 10 nickels. I am a strong believer in target masking, even tho I have yet to find a silver half dollar after clearing out a crushed aluminum can. I would be happy all day long with getting just the 20 quarters , congrats :occasion14:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
20 Quarters and you call this a stage two hunt? :laughing7: I guess mine are stage 4 hunts then cause I maybe get 4 or 5 quarters and 10 nickels. I am a strong believer in target masking, even tho I have yet to find a silver half dollar after clearing out a crushed aluminum can. I would be happy all day long with getting just the 20 quarters , congrats :occasion14:

I found a half dollar walker after clearing out other signals. Turned out it was in its side. Came in all wacky...

Clear that sucker out!

Attachments

• image-810820526.jpg
    image-810820526.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hey C&R Man......I guess you figured me out on my 1st Stage 2 hunt....so I will have to come clean and confess.....I hunted about 4 hours, but here it is......I hunted only 2 hours in Stage 2, found only about 4 or 5 quarters, 2 nickels & 20 pull tabs & NO rings.....So I'm thinking.....I wonder how many quarters I missed out on while digging the 20 tabs.....I am trying to keep track of ALL tabs, so I can get a ratio "tabs vs rings"......well, anyway I went back to Stage 1 and found 15 more quarters in the last 2 hours, and "0" tabs.......So there!!.....I feel much better now... after my confession......but richer by 15 quarters....heh-heh......My ONLY salvation would be to find a BIG FAT Gold ring on my next Stage 2 hunt.......I know, I know I'm bad......Thanks for looking.

HH
Bill

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your hunt and those pictures with us .

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Not bad - works out to about $8.50/hr. I've been around here for about 4 years and never heard about hunting stages. What's that?

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not bad - works out to about $8.50/hr. I've been around here for about 4 years and never heard about hunting stages. What's that?

Thanks for asking. The last 4 months, since I received the VDI Whites MX5, I have been working my own priority plan of recovering targets to cut down on excessive digging and trash, that works for me in 2 stages......1st stage I use high discrimination(with only VID 70-90 notched in) which will recover ALL clad & silver dollars, halfs, quarters, dimes, 95% copper cents & silver jewelry, but "0" pulltabs, then 2nd stage, return and grid in ALL metal to recover nickels, gold and alot of trash and digging. But this works for me as I just turned 73 and have been doing this over 44 years.......I love the silver coins and cannot hunt as many hours as I used to at one outing.....and most nickels & indianhead cents don't come out of the ground in very good condition, So it is about the gold rings for me. However on the beach, I always hunt in All metal and dig everything, because percentage of rings lost there are much higher.......Just my personal method that I use for only the areas close to where I live, that I keep going back.....because we all know an area is NEVER cleaned out, as experience and equipment improvements continue in the future & high traffic areas like school grounds, playgrounds, tot-lots, sports fields, parks, beaches, etc. coin & jewelry drops happen daily. .......Good Luck & Happy Hunting to ALL

Bill

Here is an example of a Stage 1 hunt for me:

NEW record on Clad today....72 quarters, 49 dimes, 1 nickel & 50 cents w/ Whites MX5(found 8 Feb 2015)

Fourth time hunting at this SW Georgia School complex and set a NEW clad record for the year: found 172 coins total: 72 quarters, 49 clad dimes, 1 nickel, and 50 cents in 5 1/2 hours....That's $23.45 face value
hello2.gif
.....A Good Day!!

Thanks for looking.
002.JPG

click on picture above to enlarge.

Last edited:
OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs.
Thanks.......and here is the 5th time to that same SW Georgia School complex(on Feb 15, 2015):

Another good "clad" day using high discrimination, Stage 1 with my Whites MX5

This is the 5th time back to the SW Georgia school yard; found 49 quarters, 41 dimes & 31 cents.....a total of 121 clad coins for a face value of $16.66. Hope everyone that can hunt this time of year is able to get out.....the ground in our area has great moisture and easy digging.....and weather in the mid 60's. Good Luck & Happy Hunting. (Note: In stage 1 metal detecting I dig "0" pulltabs, and "0" zinc cents)

002.JPG

(click on picture to enlarge)

Happy Hunting
Bill

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice hunt! Your approach will yield gold, just takes time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread