The Etrac was great to me on its maiden voyage!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Got out with old dude to the cornfield today, first hunt of 2015 with him. I hammered this place over 40 times with the atpro and ace 350, This place is tough to attempt to learn a new detector with all its iron everywhere!! First real target with the etrac was the nice gold gilt flat button, about an hour later I managed an 18?? shield nickel, that was pretty unexpected!, also just as I was ready to call it a day we both made some good finds, me an 1866 indian head in amazing shape, and dave a nice flat button as well, the wheat is from my yard when I got home from the field. I hope this is the beginning of a great time with this machine! Now if I can just figure out all the settings thatd be wonderful lol!! Thanks for looking and HH!! 20150325_111727.jpg 20150325_111738.jpg 20150325_174719.jpg 20150325_174758.jpg 20150325_174701.jpg 20150325_174744.jpg

Check out the ice we spotted on the way to the field!
20150325_085021.jpg 20150325_085030.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 16

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go cjon!! Glad you are liking the new machine and are already making cool finds!!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. Looks like the glaciers have finally melted in the NE. The E-track is a nice detector. I want to upgrade one of these days. My friend has one and he hits the silver every time.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job Cjon, Indians a beuatty

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man, that IH is beautiful! A really early one. Shows how old the place really is when an 1866 is the newest coin to be found there. We really need to explore the rest of that field. Thanks for a good day!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some, like finding, some like figuring out new machines.

Looks like you got both.

How deep was the nickel?

Nice job!

chiefdanaho

Jun 6, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great start!!!.. Manual sensitivity as high as you can stand it, an sef 8x6 coil, and two tone ferrous will destroy your corn field...

good luck,

chief

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice bud. That 66 is worth a few bucks. I've got a beautiful 66 too. Was offered $140 for it which is crazy high but the guy needed it to fill a hole. I said no of course lol

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job.. it's looking everything is working out just fine with the new machine..

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that IH is beautiful! A really early one. Shows how old the place really is when an 1866 is the newest coin to be found there. We really need to explore the rest of that field. Thanks for a good day!

It was definitely what the doctor ordered!, cant wait to go again

Some, like finding, some like figuring out new machines.

Looks like you got both.

How deep was the nickel?

Nice job!

thanks!!, nickel was only about 4 inches, but there was a lot of iron surrounding it, none of the finds from there are very deep!

Very nice bud. That 66 is worth a few bucks. I've got a beautiful 66 too. Was offered $140 for it which is crazy high but the guy needed it to fill a hole. I said no of course lol

Thanks a lot abe! that's pretty cool, I like this one, I think It cleaned up well:
clean.jpg

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great start!!!.. Manual sensitivity as high as you can stand it, an sef 8x6 coil, and two tone ferrous will destroy your corn field...

good luck,

chief
hey im still confused as to the settings, its gonna take me a bit to figure things out, I do have a sunray x5 sniper coil, but haven't been on yet

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds. I'm loving the old fat IH. Great save

Once you learn that Etrac you'll get goodies from places you never thought possible. It took me a while but Id say I'm getting to the point now that I'm one with the machine (CTX). Not much gets by me now, as I learned hunting with George. I found something he missed...but wait, he did the same. Lol

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I'm loving the old fat IH. Great save

Once you learn that Etrac you'll get goodies from places you never thought possible. It took me a while but Id say I'm getting to the point now that I'm one with the machine (CTX). Not much gets by me now, as I learned hunting with George. I found something he missed...but wait, he did the same. Lol

thanks!, my problem is im anxious to get right to the goods, need to step back, take my time, and learn, I hope to be a silver vacuum in no time!

that George, he has a way of finding them great spots, you guys will have great seasons this year

icanfindem

Jul 2, 2012
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Quattro, Liberty Headphones, Garrett Pinpointer, Minelab ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cjon, very nice finds. My etrac has been a very faithful machine to me. I use setting that have been very good to me in the past. It is mostly an open field when I am relic hunting. Very little discrimination whatsoever. You'll love the machine.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds for ur first real hunt!!!
That IH, is in great shape..
Look forward to see what you pull out this year..
Remember the e track is not the pro, you have to swing real slow.
Let it read the ground! !!!
George

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, Congrats man :occasion14:

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds for ur first real hunt!!!
That IH, is in great shape..
Look forward to see what you pull out this year..
Remember the e track is not the pro, you have to swing real slow.
Let it read the ground! !!!
George

Thanks George, I stopped at every little squeak and slowly slowly passed over it, I was pulling way too many square nails though, that field is rough for a first timer, ill get there im sure

I just loaded the andy sabisch deep silver coin mode, but its in multi conductive tones, I wonder if it would work with two tone ferrous?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions